Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tisby Since nobody's car got hit recently... - 08/31/06 08:12 PM
...evidently it was my turn. I was driving through any interesection and somebody failed to yeild. He caught the right-front of my car with the left-rear of his truck. The good news is that he has insurance, as opposed to the last person that hit me. Just going to be a bumper cover, headlight, foglight bracket, & front quarter. I'm wondering if the front corner can just be rubbed out, there is a dent in it though. Also, I'm concerned about the cracks shown in the last picture. Anybody have any ideas on these?

Look ma! Removable headlights!
that's not totally true.....i was in an accident last monday. i was finishing up a left hand turn when a lady coming the opposite way of me decided to pass someone in front of her. she rammed right into my drivers side door and front fender. caused about $3300 in damages (including bent frame!!!!!!!!! ). i had a couple bumps and bruises from hitting my head on the window. mine's in the shop being worked on as we speak
Nobody got hit recently?!? How many people do you consinder to be more than nobody? 3-4 of us got hit in the past 2 weeks, including myself.

Sucks you got hit but atleast it wasn't too bad and is fixable.
Posted By: m!key Re: Since nobody's car got hit recently... - 09/01/06 12:44 AM
i got whaylaid!
Posted By: Tisby Re: Since nobody's car got hit recently... - 09/01/06 01:55 AM
I was attempting to be sarcastic, but it failed. LALALA, I'll now go to sleep attempting not to think of my ugly-looking car.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
3-4 of us got hit in the past 2 weeks, including myself.

you can add me to that list too [actually mine was a failure]. front fender gone, bumper sheered. but luckily the damage was all cosmetic, nothing important.

I'm actually happy about it, for the cost of my deductable, I get 7 years worth of dents pulled and a fresh coat of paint.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Since nobody's car got hit recently... - 09/01/06 11:07 AM
Add me to your list...I got 3 vehicles hit with hail really bad on the 24th.....

1 of the 2 SVT's I own was a complete loss.. the other vehicles have about $4000.00 worth of damage EACH

so basically in about 1 hour I got around 12k worth of damage
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
Add me to your list...I got 3 vehicles hit with hail really bad on the 24th.....

1 of the 2 SVT's I own was a complete loss.. the other vehicles have about $4000.00 worth of damage EACH

but the cougars ok.... which is all that really matters right??
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: Since nobody's car got hit recently... - 09/01/06 03:56 PM
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I hope the insurance company will give you a fair $ back.

Hmmm, just a question though. If one SVT is totalled, why you still need the SVT gauge with over 100K miles from ebay? I was the next highest bidder. No bitter here, just curious.
Mine was totalled. My Mystique got rear ended while on vacation out in Tennessee. 5 in the morning driving along then some kid hits me doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 from behind. He pushed my bumper in about 2 feet and must have tore a hole in the gas tank. The whole highway got shutdown while they cleaned up. Took forever to get a rental to get back to Pennsylvania.
Originally posted by 98MystiqueLS:
Mine was totalled. My Mystique got rear ended while on vacation out in Tennessee.

WOW! At least I was close to home when my cars got totalled.

You OK dude? Since you drove back, I presume you made out OK. Tough cars in that respect, seem to be relatively few injuries in the Contiques when 'Miss Fortune' visits.

Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Since nobody's car got hit recently... - 09/03/06 03:15 AM
Yeah the Contour and company have a good crash rating. I forgot who rolled theirs and then hit another vehicle/tree. Came out with minor bruising iirc. Car still resembled what it was with alot of dents, and it still ran.
dont feel bad look at mine
© CEG Archives