Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 02:59 AM
Heres some new pics of my 06 gsxr 600. I smoked the headlight and front corners plus smoked the taillight and rear corners. I also got black clutch and brake levers and took off the decals on the side.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:02 AM
wear a helmet!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
wear a helmet!

We have a helmet law in Michigan so I have to. I was just posing for a pic and moving my bike in the parking lot.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:04 AM
Do you have a personal section of a parking lot to accompany all of your vehicles?
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:09 AM
your insurance must be THROUGH THE ROOF!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:10 AM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Do you have a personal section of a parking lot to accompany all of your vehicles?

I'm only allowed to park one in the parking lot. So what I usually do is park one in the back then the other car on the street. Right now the SVT and the bike are in my parking space and the SE is on the road. Once I get my Toyota running again next week I'm going to take up half the parking on the street!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:12 AM
Nice bike man. How long you been riding?
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:16 AM
Originally posted by BigBEN:
your insurance must be THROUGH THE ROOF!

It's actually not that bad. I pay $53 a month for the bike which covers if someone ran it over in a parking lot or if it was damaged by vandals. If I dump it on the street its my loss.

The SVT has full coverage which is quite a bit. Can't remember off hand but I think it was $967 for 6 months for the SVT and SE. The SE has low coverage on it though.

I don't think its too bad though for a 22 year old with quite a few tickets!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Nice bike man. How long you been riding?

Well I've had this bike since May. I've driven friends bikes for a few years so I would maybe call myself a novice on a bike.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 04:36 AM
thats a nice ass bike
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 04:37 AM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
I've driven friends bikes for a few years so I would maybe call myself a novice on a bike.

Yep, you're a novice.

On another note, that's one powerful EDD you got there. Not too much on the road that will be able to take you.
Posted By: jthursby Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 01:41 PM
Nice ride. Be careful and wear your gear. You have gear right?

Jim T
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jthursby:
Nice ride. Be careful and wear your gear. You have gear right?

Jim T

Yeah I got my jacket and gloves and of course a helmet!
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 08/31/06 08:36 PM
Ahhh pick up decent boots! At the very least, go to your local Surplus store and get some leather boots that will provide ankle support/protection. For most people that go down without protection, their ankles/feet get SHRED up and broken in more places than you ever want to count because people just ride with tennis shoes or even sandals. Think about how many bones you have in your feet. Now think about how much work it would take to rehab those bones/skin/ligaments if/when you go down. You can find boots for ~50 bux usually, so it's really not that expenseive, at least compared to what you've invested already. Nice bike though, looks like fun. I just sold my bikes unfortunately, but should be picking it back up in a year or two when finances are better than they are now.
Posted By: cuda06 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 09/01/06 02:24 AM
The smoked lights actually look pretty good on it. They fit with its style quite well. However, its definitly not something that I would consider as anything that makes me less noticable to cagers while Im the little guy is not a plus in my book.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Some New Pics Of The Gixxer - 09/01/06 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Yep, you're a novice.

On another note, that's one powerful EDD you got there. Not too much on the road that will be able to take you.

Hehe...I know of a certain candy green thing that can

nice bike...
© CEG Archives