Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JustStock who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 03:36 PM
Who can tell me the paint he used on these e0 Wheels

web page
web page
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 03:38 PM
I'm going to say it's gray paint. J/K. I think everyone that paints their rims pretty much uses the same stuff. A few coats of Krylon and Krylon clear right outta the can. Cheap and cheerful.
Posted By: JustStock Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 03:49 PM
what color silver or grey?
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 03:54 PM
You could go either color. As long as you prep the rims correctly (clean them well, steel wool them, etc.) and apply the paint correctly they should turn out fine. Like I said, it's an economic way of doing it. Others will suggest powerdercoating, professional painting, or using your own spray gun/paint mixture. I've seen many people go the Krylon route with good results.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 04:23 PM
Kokopellian Has It Right...I Used Wal-Mart Krylon Medium Grey...I Spent Two Days Just Prepping The Wheels...Sanding Cleaning Sanding Degreasing Priming....Sitting....Sanding Priming Painting...Sitting...Painting Again And Then Clearing....Those Pics Are New As Of Last Year...The Paint However Was Done In 2002...It Has Held Up Real Well But There Has Since Been Some Chips And Scratches...But It Was Definitely Cheap...Total Cost Was Around 30.00Bones And Three Days Of Time.
Posted By: 1usedsvt Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 05:31 PM
Dupli-Color high performance wheel coating. It comes in like 5 different shades including charcoal, gunmetal, silver, grey, and clearcoat. It is specially made JUST for repainting wheels

-Dave
Posted By: GS474 Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/29/05 08:02 PM
he told me this its gun metal i wanted to paint my center caps on my car and he said why not to the whole thing im still wanting to do it but i still havent because its my every day driver
he is a ceger
i just wish i could remember his name
duh!!! right on the first link pale horse excuse me i can be a dumb ass at times
Posted By: JustStock Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/31/05 06:59 AM
Well picked up some Dupli-Color high performance wheel coating in gunmetal i have wet sanded my wheels and steel wooled them then sprayed them with acidtone, Tommorow i will paint and then clear coat with Dupli-Color high performance wheel coating clear coat, also just got my windows tinted, repainted my Brake calipers witch are red with silver svt in the middle "custom mod" looks real good. so my csvt is all blacked out and i will install the gunmeatal e0 by fri . also i will post pics thanks guys
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/31/05 04:51 PM
do you think the gunmetal would match the factory grill mesh on an SVT. My E1 wheels have F'ed up clear coat thanks to a not so bright friend and spitfire cleaner. I was debating painting them and thought my pearl white car would look good with dark wheels, esp. if it matches the grills... any input would be appreciated, sorry ill get a pic of my car tonight or tomorrow...
Posted By: stadtsoldat Re: who Can Tell Me - 03/31/05 08:52 PM
One of my wheels has a screwed up clear coat as well, it turned yellowish, I think it was something from the road though. Might paint mine, but not sure what color with the tropic green. I want anthracite/grey/whatever-you-call-it, but I don't know how well it would match the green.
© CEG Archives