Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well guys the day has finally come, the day I sold the Tour. Yes, it happens to many of us, but I don't feel too bad today as a true enthusist has bought my car and will take good care of it. He's a younger guy, but has good tastes and will not "rice it out". One good thing about Chad buying my car is the fact that it WILL get a system in it! Other than that though, I don't think he'll change out anything, maybe the wheels, but thats a very distant "maybe". So here they are, the final pics of the car when I owned it, enjoy

OFF...

ON...

The last and my personal favorite pic

In closing I want you guys to know that I'm always going to be around, just w/o my CSVT Also I know what your thinking about those pics...the ground is wet Don't worry, by the time Chad came to pick up the car the road was wet, so the car didn't get trashed! Once a CEG-er, always a CEG-er

Like I said in another post.
anyone who swaps a set of BBS RX's for something else has rocks in his head.
Wow, didn't think I'd see the day. Very sad. But congrats. Whatcha driving now?
If he doesn't want the wheels I'll take them
Too late I have first dibs - if he's silly enough to sell them.
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Look here

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=883499&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1&vc=1
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:

OFF...

ON...

Damn, that looks mean.

I love that car.
Originally posted by Stazi:

How about swapping those 17" BBS RX's for some 18" BBS RX's! That style of wheel looks small unless it's 18".

Mark
LilRed, you are a very lucky man!!!!!!
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Look here

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=883499&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1&vc=1

Yeah, saw that, car won't be in till Mayish. I wanted to know what's he driving now?
When we go out as a family, I get to drive this, my wifes ride

...but on a regular basis I get to ride in this baby

Its a 93' Regal w/114K on the clock and although may look clean in the pic, its plenty rusty, thus making it a true "beater car" I will be driving this car until I get my Stang, then parking it somwhere till the late fall where the Mustang will go into the garage and the Regal will come back out and be used as my Dec/Jan/Feb car.
Cool, beaters rock. Far cry from the CSVT though. I'm sure you can't wait for the Stang!
Sad to see the Striped SVT gone. I think its kinda funny how both of our cars got sold within a few months of each other seeing how they shared some parts...

P.S. I can't wait for the 'Stang
must ... post ... more ... pics ...

Didn't you ever take that thing to a park or something? I mean, your house is nice and all, but ...

If I'm ever forced to get a silver SVT (my least favorite SVT color) that would be the immediate aesthetic modification I'd do to it. The silver just doesn't look right without it.

Congrats on the sale, sad to see it go. Hope the new owner (a CEGer I recall?) takes as much care of it as you have!
Thanks Roger. The car will get a nice photo shoot at a nice park. When I got home, I hit it with my zaino detailer, so no worrys roger. It's now safely tucked away in its room (garage). Oh, and thanks for the meal Roger, can't remeber if I said it or not.

On anoter note, since Roger didn't say anything, me and him got pulled over (a first in the stripped mobile)... for no license plate (duh, retard cops) But, that was eventfull. I look forward to continuing this special svt and giving it the pampering it has received.

And I'm not "swapping" the BBS's... no matter how much you want them.
Zaino

Glad to see you've made a good choice to replace your SVT with. Never seen a better front end on any Contour!
good luck with the stang...still one of the nicest looking tours...
You got a good car LilRed.

The Buick is pimp....felt none of those terrible Detroit potholes!
Sorry to see ya sold the car , Roger , but at least it went to another Contour-lovin' CEGer . One of my favorite Contours .
Good luck with it , Chad !
I'll buy your headlights

seriously..
Finally, Roger's SVT will break 4k rpm.

-J
Originally posted by JVT:

-J

LMFAO!

1st mod - buy a gallon of B-12 and decarbonze that poor thing!

-J

When is the manifold tear down party. BYOB-12 Chemtool.
Originally posted by todras:
When is the manifold tear down party. BYOB-12 Chemtool.

LMAO! You guys are rough on ol' Roger.

Roger - sad to see it go, but I know how it goes. Have fun with the 'Stang! Post pics when she arrives.
Hey Rog, bet you can get a discount if you get Ford to make you a GT with a 2500rpm redline motor.

Or hell, drop a Powerstroke in the thing.

I can vouge for Rogers driving... he has hit the rev limiter before.

And he's not a grandpa driver, either.

As for the b-12 treatment... cars runs perfect.. no need to do anything to it now. Maybe when it gets higher in mileage (75K or so)... then I might do it. The engien itself won't be touched at all... left completly the way it is. No need to touch a good thing, I liek to say. But, that hideous audio will go (not your fault Roger ) I've been used to amazing audio in my Jetta and in the Buick (both equiped with 300+ watts of monsoon-ie goodness ). I've got a HU ordered.... just need to decide on speakers. It's a big toss up right now.. just gatehring info and seeing about my best options. Right now, I'm leaning for the infinite baffle sub (probably the infinity kappa perfect 10), the 220 watt infintity amp, and probably some infinity speakers. I've leaned away from the idea of components, there is just WAAYY too much involved with it. I will flush mount the tweaters in the dash.

Like Roger, we have equal ideas and taste in the way the car should look... factory... or, well, the way it SHOULD have come from the factory. (and no, not doing a 3L... too much money to yeild minimal results... plus the recent fad of blown 3L worries me)

I don't drive my cars hard at all, since owning the car, I haven't "driven" the car at all.... and I'm confrotanle with it. The car looks too good to be going fast, lol. .
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
The car looks too good to be going fast.

I couldn't disagree more!

It's got "racing" stripes, so...... shouldn't you "race" it?

Mark
Is that the definition of RICE? Looks fast but isn't? Don't go there!

-J

LMFAO!

1st mod - buy a gallon of B-12 and decarbonze that poor thing!

If/when Chad gets around to doing this, I wanna be there, you know, so I can see all the stuff you guys speak of. As far as the 4K rpm thing, well, I know thats funny and all, but on the Dragon 4K is your "average" rpm, can I get an amen by someone whos been there Also, does anyone remember my speedometer at SZ04, way over 4K when the speedo was stuck on 160mph!!!
I'm confrotanle with it. The car looks too good to be going fast, lol. .

CON WHAT?

CON WHAT?

Cut him some slack Todd, he's still on cloud 9 after yesterday

CON WHAT?

Comfortable

Thats some good spelling, might I say.

Anyways, lemme get back to getting kicked in the head by this donkey by my desk.

I'd be on cloud 6750. Bouncing off of it multiple times.
Is that the definition of RICE? Looks fast but isn't? Don't go there!

And I wouldn't go there. When did I say the car wasn't fast, are you saying the car isn't fast?

*pushes stazi off his pedistal, but he recovers and throws sand in my eyes*

anyways,

Is it mandatory to drive like an animal in this car?? I, for one, would like to actually KEEP this car in the condition that it is. I drive this svt liek I did my last one. I slow down for puddles/swirve to avoid them. Dodge rough roads and take it easy when there is a lot of gravel/road dirt on the street. So sue me..

An overly precautious person handed the keys over to an overly precautious person.. it's a trend.

BTW Roger, shouldn't it be "Ex-'The Striped SVT'" instead of "The Ex-Striped SVT"?

The SVT is still striped you just don't own it-- you're the ex-owner of a striped SVT.

Dang, it must be Friday and I must be really bored!
I slow down for puddles/swirve to avoid them. Dodge rough roads and take it easy when there is a lot of gravel/road dirt on the street. So sue me..

Don't worry I do the same thing. And in especially Detroit, this style of cautious driving makes you look like a drunk driver to other motorists, what with the constant swerving that is required!
At least they are FINALLY redoing the damn 94 stretch through Detroit... That was some real rough stretch... I litteraly drove like 20 MPH in a 55 zone many many times on that road.... How is that for Bad?
I slow down for puddles/swirve to avoid them. Dodge rough roads and take it easy when there is a lot of gravel/road dirt on the street. So sue me..

Don't worry I do the same thing. And in especially Detroit, this style of cautious driving makes you look like a drunk driver to other motorists, what with the constant swerving that is required!

You're not kidding. Stupid Detroit. And yeah, it's about time 94 got its "rebirth"... somewhat.
Chad, you need a new screename and I want it on my desk first thing Monday morning
Chad, you need a new screename and I want it on my desk first thing Monday morning

Yes, sir..

*mumbles*

"Lousy boss and his making me work on the weekends... stuff."

Edit:

There.. hows that for now... my creative juices are dried up right now.
Sounds like you're his kid.
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
Sorry to see ya sold the car , Roger , but at least it went to another Contour-lovin' CEGer . One of my favorite Contours .
Good luck with it , Chad !

Wow, the car that inspired me to want stripes on my car...I love that car...Good thing it's going to a good home instead of a trade in and some dumb ricer getting it. Good decision roger. Good luck with the stang and post some pics when u get it!!!!
Originally posted by LilStripedRocket:
When I got home, I hit it with my zaino detailer,

Ohhhhhhh, good god... I'm totally surprised that the car didn't blow up or at least start puking fluids. Roger, how can you live with yourself?!?!?! He said he hit your baby with ZAINO! Them's fightin words, ain't they?!?!?!? Payment and title in hand can't buy drama like this...

Of course I would have laid rubber out of Roger's driveway, but still...

and this...

(and no, not doing a 3L... too much money to yeild minimal results... plus the recent fad of blown 3L worries me)

tisk tisk tisk... 20-30 foot pounds for a basic swap isn't minimal.
sorry to see it go, it was an extremely nice car
that car inspired me to put silver stripes on my mondeo
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Sounds like you're his kid.

I would have had to pull a Mary Kay Laturno to have a kid Chads age and actually he isn't a kid, he's an adult.

I'd like to see pics of this Mondeo with stripes as I didn't know my influence went that far away Thanks for all the compliment about my car but they should keep coming in for Chad as he'll pick up where I left off!
Dont wanna steal your post, but heres my MK1 Mondy

As owner of the striped svt, you are required to come to CEG gatherings at deal's gap. Roger has to bring his mustang.

6750??? chip that bad boy and try a good 7200

Duratec at 7500 rpm...
Originally posted by amarv12:

OFF...

ON...

Damn, that looks mean.

I love that car.

Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
As owner of the striped svt, you are required to come to CEG gatherings at deal's gap. Roger has to bring his mustang.

I'll be there, but it will be in the fall as I should be getting my car by the end of May ( ) and I wouldn't have enough time to "get used to it". I plan on coming down there again the fall as its an annual event for me and maybe this time I'll be bringing some of the SE MI CEG. I will say this though, I may be coming down there in my dads Vette as I really wanna upgrade the brakes on the Stang (Hawk pads and SS brakelines). Either way, I'll be there!
Chad, where your pics...we're waiting I can't wait to see this new "mod" for the car, should be interesting!
If your car goes away Chad, make sure you take some "last shots of the car" and then the next guy takes some "first pics of the car when I owned it"
i should have just bought that car... Then it would still be tucked away in a garage waitng for me to return to it with a huge smile on my face.
Originally posted by R_G:
Originally posted by amarv12:

OFF...

ON...

Damn, that looks mean.

I love that car.

nice car it looks just like my friends lightning over on www.nloc.net he goes by Fletch

Originally posted by matt351:

nice car it looks just like my friends lightning over on

Next we have to find a Cobra and Focus with silver paint and blue stripes. It would be really cool to see all of them meet up.
© CEG Archives