Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 09:55 PM

the first one is easy, as for the rest.. even I can't tell...

the last one LOOKS like a benz tough
hahaha look at the antenna's how the hell does that happen!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 09:58 PM
the first 2 SUV's look like the ford freelander or somthing

the middle looks like a an MR2

the last one is a benz
Posted By: BrianW Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:00 PM
Damn where is that?!

The second one is a Porsche Boxer. The rear deck isn't long enough to be an MR2.
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:02 PM
looks to be like somewhere in Russia??? the norther european countries possibly?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:03 PM
actually the first one maybe a range rover or land rover, whatever the hell they are called, I always get confused between them two
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:07 PM
thats rediculious, almost looks like a photoshop... jeez look at the trees
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BrianW:
Damn where is that?!

The second one is a Porsche Boxer. The rear deck isn't long enough to be an MR2.

I too think its a Boxer, great minds think alike
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:26 PM
Toyota Land Cruiser and Porsche Boxster.

Last one? C-class Benz?

The way it happens is high winds, crashing waves with acompanying sea spray, and freezing temps. Back in November I was driving along LSD in Chicago and I was getting freezing spray off of Lake Michigan. Fun, fun.
Posted By: Davo Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:26 PM
That is super-cool. Were those pictures taken in Ontario somewhere? First thing I thought of when I saw it was the ice formationas Niagara Falls causes around it when its cold out.
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:33 PM
the first vehicle looks like a ford escape guys.

anywho, it can't be in north america.. look at those buildings... I have no idea acually!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:40 PM
I don't think it's the falls region. I could be wrong though.

Imagine that you went to a party and fell asleep in your car that night

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:41 PM
You'd freeze to death? How could you sleep? Even drunk, it would be too cold for me to sleep.
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:44 PM
all you gotta do is honk the horn like crazy, and turn on the 4 ways, I'm sure someone would find you

and it probably wouldnt be cold.. it would probably be warm... then you would suffucate and die.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:45 PM
My bad, I forgot ice is warm.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:47 PM
Thats in Switzerland. I saw those pictures on VWVortex and one guy who lived there says it happens a lot. Really crazy though.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 10:57 PM
Very interesting pictures! I can only imagine that in the first pic that it is a Ford Escape. As for the rest...
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

well from inside the car, all the heat would be trapped right? its like saying us canucks live in igloos... there warm on the inside.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Mad_Medeiros:

well from inside the car, all the heat would be trapped right? its like saying us canucks live in igloos... there warm on the inside.

You don't live in an igloo. ... If there is heat on the inside, it would melt the ice that is on the outside, but the body heat of one person in weather that is cold enough to do that would not melt the ice. You'd die unless heavily covered. Have you been in a car when there is cold weather. It's cold inside. It doesn't change when the car is covered in ice.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:15 PM
that much ice would probably keep the inside temperature close to 32F. ice cannot get colder than 32, so thats as low as it goes. thats why if there is a hard freeze orange growers will spray the trees with water, so when it freezes the coldest the oranges get is 32.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:16 PM
Got Plastic?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:24 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
that much ice would probably keep the inside temperature close to 32F. ice cannot get colder than 32, so thats as low as it goes. thats why if there is a hard freeze orange growers will spray the trees with water, so when it freezes the coldest the oranges get is 32.

Umm I thought they sprayed them so that they go ahead and have the protective ice cover before the real stuff gets there, so that they don't get frozen all the way through....

And iceburgs surely are colder than 32F, it's cold up dere.
Posted By: TheAlmightyMe Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:29 PM
Damn where is that?!

I don't think It's a Boxster, more likely an Alfa

The SUV looks to be an Escape. The last one a C clas Benz
Posted By: ESC_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/03/05 11:53 PM
Boxster doesn't have an antenna on the rear quarter, and the brake vent is up higher than the car in the 2nd picture.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 12:05 AM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Damn where is that?!

I too think its a Boxer, great minds think alike

i wanna say 94-97 celica
Posted By: TheAlmightyMe Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 12:07 AM
Originally posted by BaBySHO:
i wanna say 94-97 celica

I owned a '96 GT cvt. I disagree. The door and rear porportions are just not right. Neither is the top.
The sports car is an MGF
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 12:57 AM
Ice is never colder than 32�ºF.

Iceburg or not, its only 32....

THE WIND SUCKS THOUGH!!!

Ray
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 12:59 AM
What does ice turn into when it gets colder than 32F
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 01:49 AM

You don't live in an igloo.

They don't????
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Kane:

You don't live in an igloo.

They don't????

nope!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 02:00 AM

at 32F, it turns to ice. thats it. 3 stages. gas, liquid, solid.

Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
The sports car is an MGF

That is what I was gonna say. There is one parked around the corner from me and it looks exactly the same. We had snow a week ago and all the cars had mounds of snow on one side two feet high and the other there was next to nothing. We've been having some crazy weather here.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 02:14 AM

colder ice
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 03:29 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

at 32F, it turns to ice. thats it. 3 stages. gas, liquid, solid.

Wow, that's not how it works.

Ice definitely can get colder than 32F.

The whole covering the oranges with ice thing is done to protect the oranges from the chilling wind. As more wind makes contact to the oranges heat transfer takes place at a faster rate. So covering the oranges in ice helps insulate them (keep the heat of the orange within the orange), and even that will only last so long.

Ice can definitely go lower than 32F. Think about it, coldness or coolness isn't really a quantity that we deal with, it's rather varying levels of heat, or the complete lack of heat (absolute zero). Everything above absolute zero basically has heat in it.

If ice couldn't go lower than 32F, then we would have a magical substance that retains heat no matter what.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 03:31 AM
Yeah I knew I wasn't losing my mind. Just think about it. You got water, it turns into ice at 32F, but the ambient temperature keeps dropping. That ice is gonna get colder too, just like anything else.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 03:33 AM
well if thats the case, then im wrong.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 05:28 AM
I think you mean water can not be colder the 32 degrees, its then ice. If ice can not be lower then 32 degrees do you know what kind of fog there would be after it snowed on a sub zero day???? All that warm ICE causing that fog against the cool winter air..... People in the north east wouldnt see a damn thing all winter....LOL
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/04/05 05:34 AM
Ooo and water can be colder than 32 degrees. Just keep it moving. If it doesn't sit still (to a point), ice can't form. Or just add salt. I've had water down to below 32 (below 0 celcius) in the chemistry lab. I may have failed that class but I did good in lab. It was fun.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/05/05 06:21 AM
Ooo and water can be colder than 32 degrees. Just keep it moving. If it doesn't sit still (to a point), ice can't form. Or just add salt. I've had water down to below 32 (below 0 celcius) in the chemistry lab. I may have failed that class but I did good in lab. It was fun.

High school chemistry, we did the same thing. By adding alot of rock salt to ice water and agitating it with a glass rod, we were able to get the water temperature down to to 3-1/2 degrees F. Ice stays at the same temp, just like boiling water, once it reaches that 212.5 degree mark, it boils... you can add all the heat you want, and boil it with a plasma cutter for all I care, but it still won't get any hotter. ANd the same goes to ice-- within reason. Blasting a bowl of watter with liquid nitrogen will create a chemical type freezing point.. and make the ice (even its core) much colder, in the negative 100's F.
Posted By: proliphik Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/05/05 06:48 AM
well saltwater is completely different than fresh water, which is why it freezes at a lower temp then fresh water. something about it ionno i never paid attention in chemistry last year, i'm a bio person myself. but to say that ice can not be colder then 32 degrees just doesn't sound right, it's as if someone said that your temp always has to be 98.6...which obviously isn't the case.
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/05/05 10:57 PM
Pure water will always freeze at 0 C. Keeping it moving just cause friction within the molecules that causes the water to heat up. Friction does that.

Salt (and for the most part any dissolvable substance) in water interacts with water molecules, not allowing them to bind with each other when they slow down thus lowering the temperature at which point the solution freezes, because the salt molecules must slow down as well. I believe the lowest possible temp with salt water is 21 C.

And I hated Chemistry.

If you want something cool to look up, do a search for Absolute Zero.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/05/05 11:36 PM
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
Ice stays at the same temp, just like boiling water, once it reaches that 212.5 degree mark, it boils... you can add all the heat you want, and boil it with a plasma cutter for all I care, but it still won't get any hotter. ANd the same goes to ice

Can you show some actual proof of this? You keep adding heat to water, it will reach more than 212.5 degrees. That is just when it STARTS boiling. Water also freezes at 32 F AND stays frozen as it gets colder, it doesn't stay 32.
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/06/05 04:33 AM
wow lately threads having been jumping off like crazy

this is gettin rediculous!
Posted By: Soccerman085 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/06/05 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
Ice is never colder than 32�ºF.

Iceburg or not, its only 32....

THE WIND SUCKS THOUGH!!!

Ray

Uh...yeah...

No ice definitely gets colder than 32 degrees F, other wise there would be no purpose or the equation Q=mc(Tf-Ti)...This equation will tell you how much energy it takes to raise the temp of ice from say 0 degrees F to 32 degrees.... and yes i hate chem too.
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/06/05 06:04 PM
You've obviously never heard of Superheating then.

Ice stays at the same temp, just like boiling water, once it reaches that 212.5 degree mark, it boils... you can add all the heat you want, and boil it with a plasma cutter for all I care, but it still won't get any hotter. ANd the same goes to ice

Posted By: katabatic Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/06/05 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SalKhan:
You've obviously never heard of Superheating then.

Or used a pressure cooker.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/06/05 06:21 PM
You are right.. I was wrong..

Ray
Posted By: BURNTU2_dup1 Re: Can you guess these car? (HAHA) - 02/06/05 10:42 PM
1. Escape

2. Jeep liberty

3. MR2

© CEG Archives