Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 SP Motorsports - 02/12/04 12:18 PM
I have been trying to contact Joe at spmotorsports. I have heard nothing from him for about a month. He is usually very fast at replying to emails. Does anyone know what the story is? Is he off sick? Is there someone else I can contact? Thanks guys
Ronan
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SP Motorsports - 02/12/04 12:32 PM
I'm in the same boat. Been trying to get a refund from them for a while now...stopped answering my emails and not returning phone calls.
Posted By: 96_98_SE Re: SP Motorsports - 02/12/04 01:18 PM
I ordered several parts from SPMotorsports a couple of weeks ago. I received all but ONE of the things I ordered (some rear bushings). The shipping paperwork showed that I had ordered TWO sets of rear bushings, but that only ONE set was included in the shipment. However, it showed that the missing bushing set was NOT backordered.

I sent an e-mail to SPMotorsports, but haven't received a reply in the last week. I'll try calling them again to see if they can rectify their oversight. If they don't take timely action, then I'll have my CC company reverse the charges for the missing bushing set.

I must say, however, that I am happy with the quality of the components I did receive.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/12/04 03:44 PM
I think it was last friday I got an email from Joe about an order I placed. I was told they would get me a tracking number, but I never got it, and i emailed to see if I could get it monday and no answer, but my order showed up at home the same day....service seemed good to me
Posted By: Mondeo V6 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/12/04 04:52 PM
Have used Sp b4-they were great,being waiting for a reply for weeks now though Does anyone on here live by them?? Joe's usually a top bloke........
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: SP Motorsports - 02/12/04 05:05 PM
Ronan, i sent you a PM. Another thing i used SP for a while before i started Aftermath. Never had ANY problems, Joe was alsways on top of things. It seems after Bobby left, business from CEG has declined. This is just my observation, so i could be wrong.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 04:52 PM
I ordered some spark plug wires from Joe, but had not received them when I thought I would. I emailed him about a week after I ordered them, no response. I sent a second email this week, he responded immediately, and told me my first email probably had not been received due to a computer problem (read: virus). He told me the wires were drop shipped directly from Magnecor as he ran out of his stock and Magnecor didn't have anymore at the time I ordered. Magnecor would drop ship ASAP, and sure enough, I got home that evening from work and my wires where there.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 07:41 PM
FWIW, I ordered some stuff from him not long ago, maybe a month and half. I got everything I ordered in about two weeks.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 08:54 PM
I got my Magnecors from SP and they were here in a week or less. Good people, no problems.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 09:00 PM
Yeah, its been discussed many times before.
Seems that is quite busy there at the shop and doesn't respond to emails/phone calls right away (if at all).
I've never had that issue with him...He's been great with everything that I have ordered.

But I have heard this before in teh past.....
I'd say....keep trying. I know it sucks, but he is a good guy from what I've dealt with and he's never steared me the wrong way.....

Posted By: gmaranza Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 09:40 PM
I'm just waiting for magnecor 8.5 wires and front omp strut brace... I've ordered in november.
I have no words.....
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 10:30 PM
Originally posted by gmaranza:
I'm just waiting for magnecor 8.5 wires and front omp strut brace... I've ordered in november.
I have no words.....

I find that extremely hard to believe Mr. only 1 post.

I have done business with SP on several occassions and Joe has been absolutely great.

Yes he is hard to get a hold of at times because he's the only "chief" in a very busy shop. However that's not because he is avoiding people or potential business. He really is just that busy and likes to personally make sure everything gets done right.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

I have done business with SP on several occassions and Joe has been absolutely great.

Yes he is hard to get a hold of at times because he's the only "chief" in a very busy shop. However that's not because he is avoiding people or potential business. He really is just that busy and likes to personally make sure everything gets done right.

I second that. I have gotten a great response from Joe in the past and he is always thankful of the business we do with him. Its great to still see a company that produces parts for our cars.
I will continue to support them, and hope that whatever is going on at the moment is sorted out. It may be that staff are either sick, or they are swampped at the moment.
I am sure we will hear from them soon.
I am not awaiting any parts at the moment, I just want to order some more!
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/13/04 11:11 PM
I've had some difficulty in contacting Joe in the past, but he's always made up for it with his service. I feel bad, actually, because I had to cancel my most recent potential order due to extenuating circumstances.
Posted By: Mikeys_Taurus Re: SP Motorsports - 02/14/04 02:01 AM
I think I can offer some insite on this as Joe is not only my competition here, but also in the SHO community. I know that in regards to the SHO side of things, people have nothing but praise for him and his service. He went out of his way to help one of my customers get his Pro-M MAF recalibrated and I am much appreciative of that.

On another note, I receive perhaps 50 business related emails a day, just for SHOs. I can't imagine how many Joe gets considering how many cars he covers. On top of that, I have been getting absolutely flogged with this email virus that is passing around. I believe that the virus's "shut-off" date is supposed to be soon though, so hopefully things will settle back down.

Just my .02.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/16/04 05:28 PM
I placed a web order on 6 Feb, received the part on 13 Feb.

No worries, here.

Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: SP Motorsports - 02/16/04 05:50 PM
i placed an order at 8pm on the 5th , got it the 9th.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: SP Motorsports - 02/16/04 05:52 PM
SP Motorsports has hobbilbe customer service, in my opinion.
I ordered a part from them in June of last year,
I returned the part a week later,
but it took till December to even talk to somebody their.
After threatening legal action,
filing a complaint with the BBB,
contacting the local police,
and disputing the charge with my credit card,
I finally was contacted by SP Motorsports and issued a refund.
I wouldn't waste more than a week or two on them,
then I would dispute the charge with your bank/credit card.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SP Motorsports - 02/16/04 06:11 PM
SPMotorsports is top notch if you ask me. They are just busy.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/17/04 01:09 AM
I'm still waiting for my magnecor's a month later. . .

I've NEVER had problems with Joe before though, so I figure it's a computer glitch, or he's swamped. . .
Posted By: unisys12 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/17/04 01:13 AM
Come on guys, yaw'll are skeering me!!

I just ordered some blue FMS wires and rear sway bar bushings w/endlinks on the 9th and have not heard anything yet other than an e-mail confirming my order, which I got the next day.

I ordered a set of Rancho RS5000's from www.4wheelparts.com earlier last week and did not get a email confirmation or anything. Even though I saw where the money was taking from the bank, I was still scared as hell. I tried tracking the order on their website and it did not work. keep saying that they could not find any information on my order. I called my wife Friday and asked if she had heard anything adn when she said that she hadn't, I proclaimed that I was going to call as soon as I got home from work. Of course, when I got there, the shocks were there...
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/17/04 01:53 AM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:

Agree.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 02/17/04 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Marky:
Originally posted by BStoneMega:

Agree.

Posted By: unisys12 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/21/04 01:57 AM
It has now been a week and a half since placing my order and I got an e-mail today stating that my plug wires had been shipped out yesterday.

Just my plug wires? I also ordered the rear poly bushing w/ endlinks! So where are they? The e-mail makes no mention of the bushings. Not even if they were on back order.

I have tried to call two times and my wife has even tried to call one time and we keep getting voice mail.

Well, so far I am pissed!

I was going to order these same items from CTA, but I didn't because of hassle of setting up a pay-pal account. Ya know, having to wait a day or two to verify the test deposits they make into your account.

If I was gonna have to wait 2-4 weeks for delivery, I really would have liked to have been made aware of it before I ordered or in the order confirmation e-mail I got the day after my order was placed.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: SP Motorsports - 02/21/04 09:06 PM
I have no words.....

DITTO!!
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SP Motorsports - 02/21/04 10:26 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I have no words.....

DITTO!!

I think it's ridiculous that someone's CEG post count has anything to do with the validity of their complaint but if it's post count that gives someone's words validity then let me say I'm pretty pissed at Sp right now also. I've done a lot of business in the past with them with great service but lately Joe is impossible to get ahold of and customer service has gone out the window.

I bought a MAF from them back in Jun. Couldn't get my car to run right with it so they said I could send it back for a refund. I sent it to them in Aug and heard nothing for over 2 months. Finally got ahold of Joe and he told me it was sent to the old shop and ratholed so they missed it...no big thing. He was gonna work on my refund. Last time I've heard from him on my refund was in Late nov early dec and I still have no refund and cannot get ahold of him.

I know everyone does business with them and like me in the past had nothing but praise but I call a spade a spade and I refuse to make excuses for pisspoor business practices. Flame away if you want but the bottom line is lately SP has been screwing up...period.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/22/04 02:58 PM
That first time poster is a member of NECO (Cougar owner) who was alerted to this thread due to his own thread on NECO concerning troubles with SP.

like freakshow said, postcount has nothing to do with validity of his statements.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/22/04 08:00 PM
Sure it does. What if the poster came on to the boards just to slag SPM without merit? His claim would have way more credibility if he had hundreds of posts and was well known on the boards, vs the only time he comes on is to slag an overwhelmed retailer? just my .02....don't get your underwear in a not, if you take offense at my comments.
Posted By: Mondeo V6 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/23/04 10:06 AM
Well i gave up with SP which is a pity as they were great in the past,Anna @ BAT will be getting a FAX for my order in the morning!
Posted By: unisys12 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/25/04 01:19 AM
I recieved my sway bar bushings w/endlinks this afternoon.

Two weeks after I ordered them, which really isn't that bad. It was the "Not knowing where the hell they were" part and "Not been able to hear from someone!" part that killed me.

If it is just that they are busy, I can understand that. I am currently busy as hell at me job and do find it hard to get in touch with everyone all the time. So, people we call looking for me.

This has been a learning experience for me and well noted. That is not to say that I will never do business with them again, just a lesson learned.
Posted By: SlowNfurious Re: SP Motorsports - 02/25/04 02:13 AM
i have ordered several things from spmotorsports and have had no problems with them at all. got comfirmation emails after orders and they were shipped in pretty good time
Posted By: Stevers Re: SP Motorsports - 02/25/04 03:45 PM
I just ordered for the first time from SP. Recieved my parts a little over 1 week later due to one being on backorder. One of the parts was incorrect (rear sway bar bushings instead of the front). I emailed joe back last friday and haven't heard anything since.
Posted By: Stevers Re: SP Motorsports - 02/25/04 11:19 PM
Well, I got home today and my bushings were here!

I give a double plus to Joe.

SP Motorsports++
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 02/26/04 06:15 PM
Joe has been out for a bit, but is back and better than ever, which explains my hold up, which was actually Magnecor's fault. . .he's a great guy, solid seller. . .
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SP Motorsports - 03/03/04 11:40 PM
Just in case anyone is still wondering I finally got an email from Joe today and apparently he's been out of the shop a lot with some sort of family medical problem but he's back now and handling my refund issue and hopefully everyone else's stuff. I still think it's a little crazy for SP to have Joe be the only one handling emails just for reasons like this but oh well, problem resolved.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/04/04 05:38 AM
I just ordered Ground Contorols and Koni's from there so hopefully all goes well!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SP Motorsports - 03/04/04 06:52 AM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
I just ordered Ground Contorols and Koni's from there so hopefully all goes well!

GOOD MAN!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/04/04 09:57 AM
glad to hear that he is back and doing well. i was worried we lost another big carrier of contique parts.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/04/04 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by skrilla187:

GOOD MAN!

Yeah I just need someone to do the work from me now.
Posted By: Sarge43 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/05/04 07:15 AM
I ordered a pair of DRL modules from Joe and after straightening out a little snafu (his Comp. crapped it's pants about half way through printing my order, he e-mailed, I called, problem solved) they arrived a couple days ago. Well ladies and germs when I opened them up low and behold one of them was used. The wires were wrapped in black tape and shorter than the new one, The delay off loop was cut, the fuse is missing and if that ain't enough one of the mounting screws is missing.

Well I called Joe and esplained the prob and he wigged out and apologized profusely and said he was going to wrap some knuckles at the warehouse (in PA, He's in Maryland) and get a new out ASAP.

So far I'm quite happy with his service, he's a stand up guy.
© CEG Archives