Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: rthoman A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:40 AM
I work at a Sheetz gas station in Williamsport, Pa. Tonight a silver SVT came in and filled up with $23.00 of 87 grade. I was watching him checking out the car for any mods or anything and was ready to talk to him when he came in to pay. Well he forgot the come in and pay part. So tomorrow when the manager comes in we will be looking at the video of the pump he was at for his plate. Gonna suck to be him when he gets his court summons.

On a side note about 15 mins after that a Ferrari 360 Spider came in.
Posted By: Kessen Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:43 AM
what a jerk , that dude is not welcome here!
Posted By: Frosty Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:46 AM
I say they impound his car...he doesn't deserve to drive a CSVT if he won't even pay for gas...
Posted By: svt4stv Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:46 AM
so...all i have do is slap some paper plates on and i can get free gas??
Posted By: TheAlmightyMe Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Kessen:

Like he could even do that here in LA.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:53 AM
For ONE ... he put about 10 gallons of 87 octane in an SVT

For TWO ... He didn't even PAY for it !!

That makes a DOUBLE WHAMMY !! What an idiot !!
Posted By: Kessen Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 04:56 AM
Originally posted by TheAlmightyMe:
Originally posted by Kessen:

Like he could even do that here in LA.

lol why, cause he would be shot drivin away from the pump?
i meant on CEG
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:00 AM
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
I say they impound his car...he doesn't deserve to drive a CSVT if he won't even pay for gas...

He's even too stupid to put in the right kind...
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:

I couldn't have said it better myself .
Posted By: rthoman Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:26 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
so...all i have do is slap some paper plates on and i can get free gas??

You might get away with it once... but once your car is flagged you will have a hard time pulling it off twice. Also within 5 mins of you driving off every police car in the area will be looking out for ya... Now any silver contour (since most of the employees don't know the diff. of an svt) that comes in will have its plate number written down.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:54 AM

... sounds more stolen than anything...
Posted By: svt4stv Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:57 AM
every police car in the area will be looking for me? you mean like "calling all cars, calling all cars?" just how small is your town??
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 06:58 AM
every police car in the area will be looking for me? you mean like "calling all cars, calling all cars?" just how small is your town??

hahah exactly. I used to do this all the time back when i was in high school..especially on skip days when there were like 4-6 cars lining up at the gas station all stealing gas..Its the funniest thing when you see the cashier running out of the store as fast as they can like they are running a marathon trying to catch you when your already down the street. OMG the fun times i had in highschool. and shoot thats when gas used to be like 1.07 for premium. We didnt care it was just a really good adrenaline rush. It got to the point that they knew my car as soon as i parked at the pump but they never said anything to me about it lol
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 07:10 AM
perhaps the gas station employees needs a [censored] slap. Why let anyone fill any gas without paying first huh! Its like sending an item in the mail before getting paid first! DUMB AZZ!

-dan
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 07:34 AM
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:
perhaps the gas station employees needs a [censored] slap. Why let anyone fill any gas without paying first huh! Its like sending an item in the mail before getting paid first! DUMB AZZ!

-dan

99% of gas stations here don't have you pay before you pump. Most do have you pay before you pump at night, but there are some that don't even do that.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 07:41 AM
Because it's often more convenient to fill up your tank all the way, then pay...instead of taking a guess at how much money you need to fill the tank and coming up short...I guess there's incentives for the station as well...if I had to take a guess I would probably be conservative to avoid the hassle so the gas station misses out on some revenue.

Like kremit said, many of the gas stations here are set up so you can fill it first...not the casheirs fault.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 12:36 PM
A couple people noticed that he put in 87 octane... but WTF would he bother putting in the cheap stuff if he wasn't going to pay? I wonder if something was up. I know that if he forgot his wallet he should have fessed up, some places even let you fill out an IOU, but I would guess:

a) he was distracted and honestly forgot. Dumb@$$, yes, but I've almost done it.
b) he was out of money, and didn't know what to do. Again, stupid, but not as bad as purposefully planning to steal it.
c) he said, "hey, I'm gonna steal some gas!", and was dumb enough not to steal the good stuff.
d) the car is stolen (borrowed legally?) and he didn't know it would run better on premium. I highly doubt that one, but I guess it's possible. And if it's borrowed he's still a dumb@$$ for not paying.
Posted By: tropictour Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 12:37 PM
Oh hell yeah Sheetz is awesome. When my family drove from Texas to Virginia to visit my grandma we stopped at one of those in I believe North Carolina. I couldnt believe how many different flavors that slush machine had. And the guy with the SVT is a moron.
-tropictour
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 01:22 PM
Originally posted by rthoman:
I work at a Sheetz gas station in Williamsport, Pa. Tonight a silver SVT came in and filled up with $23.00 of 87 grade. I was watching him checking out the car for any mods or anything and was ready to talk to him when he came in to pay. Well he forgot the come in and pay part. So tomorrow when the manager comes in we will be looking at the video of the pump he was at for his plate. Gonna suck to be him when he gets his court summons.

In MD, you will loose your license at the least!
Posted By: BCSVT Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 01:40 PM
They can figure out whose car it is, but it's like those stoplight camera's when you run a red light... they don't know who was driving the car so how can they prosecute any person? The jerk might get a hefty fine, but idk about losing his liscense. He can claim someone illigitimately borrowed his car.

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BCSVT:
They can figure out whose car it is, but it's like those stoplight camera's when you run a red light... they don't know who was driving the car so how can they prosecute any person? The jerk might get a hefty fine, but idk about losing his liscense. He can claim someone illigitimately borrowed his car.

They've got video. They'll be able to tell who was pumping gas & likely who was in the driver seat.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 02:50 PM

HOW DARE HE... He doesn't deserve to live.. I mean, he filled up with 87 He should be ticketed, dragged out of the car, and beaten with the gas pump nozzle just for that.

Oh yeah, sucks he ran off, fry his ass.
Posted By: rthoman Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 03:07 PM

-dan

Well first of all I would love to have everyone pay for the gas first. But it is against Sheetz TCF(Total Customer Focus) deal... But hey call me a dumb azz if you like. And with our video we will be able to see his face and plate so we have a good chance of getting him.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 03:49 PM
Once in my life I forgot to pay for the gas and drove off. Good thing i knew the people who worked there. A couple days later, when i came back for more, thy said "Wheres my money you little punk ass [censored] piece of [censored]!" LOL, now i just use my debit card.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:40 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Once in my life I forgot to pay for the gas and drove off. Good thing i knew the people who worked there. A couple days later, when i came back for more, thy said "Wheres my money you little punk ass [censored] piece of [censored]!" LOL, now i just use my debit card.

I did that once, too, in my little home town. Honestly just brain-farted and started driving off. Guy came running after me. I was very embarrassed, and sheepishly payed the man, but I'm sure he thought I'd been trying to get away with something. I was a punk kid, then, after all.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:42 PM
Originally posted by svttour:

hahah exactly. I used to do this all the time back when i was in high school..especially on skip days when there were like 4-6 cars lining up at the gas station all stealing gas..Its the funniest thing when you see the cashier running out of the store as fast as they can like they are running a marathon trying to catch you when your already down the street. OMG the fun times i had in highschool. and shoot thats when gas used to be like 1.07 for premium. We didnt care it was just a really good adrenaline rush. It got to the point that they knew my car as soon as i parked at the pump but they never said anything to me about it lol

Loser.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 05:42 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

I would have done that at least once, but my g/f has reminded me to pay. Now I always use a CC.
Posted By: Jason43 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 06:58 PM
Who the hell steals the cheap stuff?
Posted By: Red92784 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 07:57 PM
I did this last week. The CC machines were down so the guy told me to pump first and pay inside. I pumped my gas and had forgotten that I haddn't run my CC yet and I drove off. I got a call from a the Sherriff's dept that evening. I told the officer the story and that I diddn't even realize what had happened untill he called me. I told him that I would go by that station on my way to work the next morning and pay them. I did and all was well. Now the clerk and I joke about it everytime I go in there.

Good times.
Posted By: elraido Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 08:03 PM
What type of world do you live in were you have to pay first? That is almost unheard of to me....well, at least up until this last summer when my brother who lives in the twin cities told me he has to. I was like WTF? Pay before you put the gas in....that is the dumbest thing in the world. And i remember the good old days of gas being 90 some cents a gallon....not even 10 years ago. Geez.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 08:06 PM
i pulled up to a pump once and put my card in and nothing happened.. then realized it was saying begin fueling, but it didn't read my card, so i pumped gas. I filled the whole tank. Then left. Felt guilty about it but i think someone swiped their card and then left or something. I'm so going to hell
Posted By: Pre98 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/30/05 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been to your gas station many times going to and from Norfolk VA. Unless there are two Sheetz stations on that particular stretch and town

Perhaps he became side tracked and seriously thought he paid already?

People do it all the time at work. They take their change and drive off without their food

AND they never come back
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 01:37 AM
I actually ran into something really stupid while in the 'burg over break. I had to pre-pay inside even if I was going to use my CC. Mind you I was in the inner city. It really confused me so I asked the clerk why and he said that a lot of the local people would steal credit cards and try to get gas with it. It was a really strange experience... I probably looked just as strange gasing up an svt with premium in kahkis and a polo shirt with loafers in the inner city. LOL!
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 01:41 AM
Originally posted by elraido:
What type of world do you live in were you have to pay first? That is almost unheard of to me....well, at least up until this last summer when my brother who lives in the twin cities told me he has to. I was like WTF? Pay before you put the gas in....that is the dumbest thing in the world. And i remember the good old days of gas being 90 some cents a gallon....not even 10 years ago. Geez.

Yeah, I never saw anything like that till I moved to Texas. There's a few here that make you do it after dusk, but I always pay with my card anyway so it doesn't matter.

BTW: I'm from Iowa, so I guess the Midwest is just trustworthy...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 02:51 AM

Posted By: sigma Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 02:27 PM

-dan

Talk about dumbass.... Apparently someone's never left Southern California -- the only place in the entire world I've ever had to pay for gas before I pumped it with the rare exception of a few stations' policies after sundown.
"being 90 some cents a gallon...."

Gass was under a dollar 4 or 5 years ago abet for a very short period of time.
here in the inner city of brooklyn where the locals will jam a 25 cents vaacumn machine for a quarter or a tip after showing you how to work it a new station had been built and for a week or so the pumps worked without paying. I guess the electronics preventing pumping before paying was not yet installed and so in order not to loose any money while waiting for the equiptment while the station was operational pumping before paying was allowed for a time.
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 10:01 PM
Sorry dude, my mind was elsewhere and I totally forgot to pay.. My bad!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 11:37 PM
I seen a gas station up in Toledo, Ohio where you gotta pay before you pump after sun down, me and my dad were there after a nascar race up in Michigan. He tried to fill up his truck and nothing happened the clerk came out and said he had to pay first. He also uses his Check Card for paying for gas and it wasen't a pay at the pump either.
They should make pumps where it has a money slot so it locks the nozzle in until you put money in and if you put in to much it gives you change or something and if you put in to little it'll stop at the amount you put in the machine, that would be kinda cool.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 03/31/05 11:57 PM
Actually not to hard to do either.

I live in the twin cities and I've never paid before pumping gas. However there have been a few occasions were after a certain time at some gas stations you had to go in and pay before pumping, but theres only like 3 places I can think of off the top of my head that do that.

So what is the update on this thing? Did you get the guy or what?
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 12:50 AM
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
"being 90 some cents a gallon...."

Gass was under a dollar 4 or 5 years ago abet for a very short period of time.

That was when I had my Caddy (and could afford the single digit MPG). Ahh $25 to fill a 25 gallon tank... Now I pay $25 to fill a 14 or so gallon tank.
Posted By: Kessen Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 03:57 AM
Originally posted by mystique97:
...They should make pumps where it has a money slot so it locks the nozzle in until you put money in and if you put in to much it gives you change or something and if you put in to little it'll stop at the amount you put in the machine, that would be kinda cool.

yeh, about half the places in LA have that
Posted By: rthoman Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 04:08 AM
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:

So what is the update on this thing? Did you get the guy or what?

Will be a few weeks, but he(onwer of the car/plate) will be getting letter from the district justice...
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 06:36 AM

Will be a few weeks, but he(onwer of the car/plate) will be getting letter from the district justice...

... and then the [censored] will hit the fan.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 07:16 AM
we used to have pumps like that around here. yeeeears ago. but for obvious reasons they stopped doing that. hell, there are very few places around here where you can still find stations that pump the gas for you; mostly in rich areas. there are basically three ways to pay here. you can walk in, hand the clerk a $20 and say $15 on number 4 and get your change (or go for all $20). if you fill up and are due change, you have to walk back inside and get your change. (not good for a city hell bent on being in a hurry for everything).
using plastic can bring two scenarios: you can walk in and swipe the card and say $15 on number 4 and itll work like cash. this is basically the same as paying at the pump. you can insert your card, put in your pin number, and you will be charged for however much gas you take. ( fast and easy)

or, you can give them the card, put in gas, and then sign for the amount afterwards. (i havent seen this one in a long time).

lol, i remember the Mobil station by my house used to take checks from regular customers.

i remember passing through Oregon iirc, maybe WA?, and stopped to put gas in the car. some teenage kid took the pump from my hand and started pumping my gas. i was like, "what are you doing?" (thinking he was looking for a handout). he replied that per state law people are not allowed to pump their own gas. i looked over and saw about three teenagers sitting there just chatting waiting for cars to come in. i was like wth? wow, that must cost the station's owner some $.

i was just kidding by my 1st statement. i dont condone ripping off small business owners. i could see teengers doing it as a stupid prank but not as a continued activity.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Kane:
BTW: I'm from Iowa, so I guess the Midwest is just trustworthy...

Has nothing to do with it. Iowa has college towns, bad neighborhoods, and big city corporate mindsets too with "prepay only" because of to many people that do gas-n-runs. I've been to prepay pumps in MO, MN, IL, NE, WI, ND, SD...

I actually had a run in with a clerk in Bloomington, MN about prepay... I can't remember the name of the station, but it's on the corner of Normandale and Old Shakopee... not the Holiday station, but the one on the North side of the street.

I pulled up to the pump and started to set myself up and I hear a bit of static from the speaker system... no worries, right? Well, I continue to try to work the pump... making sure I have all of the buttons turned on, levers lifted or flipped, etc., following the instructions on the screen. It said "Authorizing pump" on it, so I just leaned back on the car for a few seconds, waiting for the pump to start. A little bit more static came out of the speakers, still no sound, just static noise. Then the clerk came out and screamed at me "HEY, I'M NOT TURNING ON YOUR PUMP BECAUSE YOU HAVE OUT OF STATE PLATES!" and that he had told me twice over the intercom.

So I calmly walk inside to prepay for my gas... get this, the clerk was holding the door for me and said "Haven't you ever worked a pump before?!?!?"... It was a yell fest after that... I got him good in front of another cashier and about 20 people inside, telling him that his intercom wasn't working for one, no signs stating prepay for out of state tags for another, and that his attitude was totally unnecessary. I demanded an apology...

The other cashier was an assistant manager and she started apologizing to me... That pissed me off even worse. She gave me a $5 free gas coupon, but I was still so mad that I ripped the coupon in two right in front of the original clerks face (he flinched, HA!) then walked out, put the pump away, and got in my car... I drove right across the street to the Holiday station and filled up WITHOUT PREPAYING AND NO HASSLES!!! NEENER NEENER! I've stopped at Holiday at least ten times since then and will never go back to the other one.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/01/05 05:42 PM
Originally posted by svttour:

GAS-N-DASHER! I bet you Dine-N-Dash as well!
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 04/02/05 08:10 PM
Here in Ohio. you will lose your license if you leave without paying. he's not welcome here . I dont know why people gotta be so dishonest these days.
Posted By: rthoman Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/04/05 05:15 AM
.-Update-.

Well this guy actually came back...showing him self on camera yet again, this time I walked out and got his plate and confirmed it was the same guy...He didn't get gas this time though...It's a young kid, I talked to my manager and if anyone wants to fess up they can save them selves a lot of trouble. Trouble meaning, court, fines, possible loss of license...
Posted By: Richy B Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/04/05 05:34 AM
Wow thats pretty bad when you put low grade gas in your ride and then not pay on purpose. If you forget thats another thing but it amazes me how people can forget to remove the pump. Look at these pics!

I also am curious as a cop how you can keep a straight face. I am a criminal justice major at college and am looking at becoming a NY State Trooper and if I pulled over someone like whats depicted in these pics I would be laughin my ass off thinking wtf were you thinkin?
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/04/05 03:28 PM
WHAT A JERK! 87 in an SVT?!?!?!?
Posted By: DanMyers Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/04/05 04:32 PM
I'm lazy, I use the full service station in town all the time. But back when I had my other car it was too ugly (in my mind) too take to that, so whenevr I pump my gas...I always prepay, probably 'cause I hate it when I over pump and have to pay with my mom's debit card. Or it's because of jerks who yell when you pump, then leave the car there to run in and pay.....stupid people, always in such a rush.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/04/05 05:20 PM
Originally posted by DanMyers:
I'm lazy, I use the full service station in town all the time.

We don't have those anymore; at least none that I've seen. I remember about 20 or so years ago there was one not too far from our house. Damn I'm getting old
Posted By: DanMyers Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/04/05 05:40 PM
There are actually 2 in my town, one owned by a local guy (i know his son...and he's an arrogant jerk like his dad so I don't go there) and then we have a BP with a full service half, and a self-service half....and my favorite part of the BP in town? Free compressed air in the back, it's the excess from the attached car wash, instead of having to pay 75 cents for like 2 minutes at the Pump and Pantry by my house.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/05/05 03:11 AM
2 points...

1. thats why here we 'pay first'
2. i saw a silver topless ferrari of some sort 2 days crusing around...now that i see your pic i guess this is what it was...the front is identical to the car i saw
Posted By: rthoman Re: A SVT owner is gonna pay... - 05/06/05 04:43 AM
yea people pull the damn pump hoses off all the time....I just laugh when it happens...
© CEG Archives