Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Right...I remember that now at Timmies. I just wasn't sure how far north of Hwy7 you were. I knew it was you that I parked next to at Finch though

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
If prices like these doesn't make manufacturers go back to making cars versus these new massive SUVs and trucks, then I'm not sure what will

I seem to recall that when Bush "ousted" Saddam Hussein that oil prices dropped fairly fast and sat around $0.65 for a while. Now with all the unrest, crude oil apparently went past $40 US a barrel the other day.

I know a bunch of us here are really beginning to re-evaluate commuting, if prices keep rising like this. Or, at the very least start driving the speed limit and etc.

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I read quite a while ago that prices should not be based on the current crude oil price since the crude oil that is currently in use as our refined gasoline was purchased several months ago. Therefore there should be a several month delay. But I don't know how it all really works

95 Contour GL 2.5L ATX Minor mods
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
on my way home today I saw a Pioneer station with the main sign listing 64.9 so I pull in, get out to fill up,
the pump says 84.9 so I get back in my car and drive away.

There were so many cars doing the same thing I did...
I can't believe they try this on top of everything else!!!
east facing sign 64.9, west facing sign 84.9 broken my a$$!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by chongo:
on my way home today I saw a Pioneer station with the main sign listing 64.9 so I pull in, get out to fill up,
the pump says 84.9 so I get back in my car and drive away.

There were so many cars doing the same thing I did...
I can't believe they try this on top of everything else!!!
east facing sign 64.9, west facing sign 84.9 broken my a$$!

I think you can lodge a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau or a similar organization. Retailers must sell a product on its lowest price (you see that in many large stores now).

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by GapBoyPCS:
I think you can lodge a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau or a similar organization. Retailers must sell a product on its lowest price (you see that in many large stores now).

Nope because on the pump there's a sign that says if there's a pricing error this pump is right.
or something like that.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Originally posted by chongo:
Originally posted by GapBoyPCS:

Nope because on the pump there's a sign that says if there's a pricing error this pump is right.
or something like that.

If there is a discrepency between the pump and the till the pump (or till can't remember) shall be correct. Need to read it better next time. That however does not cover the Pricing of the fuel. Just the metered amount that was pumped.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
By law, the PUMP must always be right. They get in BIG trouble if they try to do otherwise.
Usually, most gas stations will change pump price AFTER changing the sign, to keep from getting into trouble.

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
When I worked at the gas bar. We'd jack the sign way up at the end of a gas war. That way people would hopefully stop coming in just so we could put the pumps back up. As for dropping the price most people were willing to wait while you did that.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard