Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
First off let me just say that we're ok, my 2 daughters were with me on this trip. So its real nice today and I decide to go out for a little drive on Crocker and Jefferson and "test" the suspension again. I'm heading down Metro Parkway and I see this black CSVT where I get my oil changed and turnaround to check it out. Afterwards, I head back to what I planned on doing the first place. So I'm heading N on Jefferson, go around this turn and this HUGE groundhog or posseum runs out infront of me and I jerked the wheel, lost control of my car, dipped into a drainage ditch, hit the passenger side of the car and it comes to rest on a some flat ground. I get out and make sure my kids are ok and they are, thank God and then survey the damage. I walked over to Ginos Surf to use the phone and had a regular tow truck pull it out and then the flatbed came to pick it up. A cop showed up and I told him what happened and he made up an accident report for me, that went A-OK. I'll be calling AAA Monday morning and then we'll see how it goes. I sent John (1flakedSVT) a PM because I know he works at a bodyshop, so maybe I'll send it there so someone can keep an eye on it for me and make sure its fixed right, but then again, maybe the frame is wacked, check it out

In these pics you can see how the passenger side rims are cocked inwards, doesn't look too good to me

Now you can't see it in the pics, but the rear bumper (valance panel in particular) has a crack in it, so I assume the rear bumper would need to be replaced, or maybe they can fiberglass it, I don't know. The front Aussie grill needs to be replaced more than likely because its pretty messed up, but again, maybe it can be hammered out. I didn't see any damage to the body panels believe it or not, but then again, it was pretty dirty after hitting the water and mud in the drainage ditch. I did shut the car off right away, but saw some fluid coming out of the drivers side and it could've been water because once the car was pulled out of the ditch area, I started the car up and pulled it over to the side of the road for the guy driving the flatbed. The temp gauge didn't move and I did leave it running while I spoke to the police officer, so maybe it was just water that was coming out.

My wife was upset that it happened because she knew why I was out there and also knows what happened but told me about all the other times I've taken turns that were "no big deal" with the four of us in the car. I think this is a sign from God, because I usually have no restraint when it comes to a good turn, but this time, when I wasn't taking a turn hard, it bit me in the A double S! I'm going out there tomorrow to see how this could've happened, theres gotta be something I missed while I was waiting, not that its going to make my car any better and it never will be the same car again, even if they do fix it

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
sorry to hear that man glad you and your kids are ok thats whats important

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Ah that sucks big time man.

Very glad you and your kids are alright! But hey, times like this you just gotta think it could've been worse.

The part about the car never being the same, i know what you mean firsthand, but try not to think of it like that.

Fwiw, your car still looks 100x better than mine even after having been in that little accident. I hope she gets fixed up right.

Damn groundhogs/possums.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
1st--let me say that I'm glad the kids are fine--that's the most important thing.

2nd--I hope the frame isn't damaged, maybe just the suspension is--but I'm sure it'll be better than new again before ya know it!

Paul's NEW '01 Focus ZTS 45k miles and counting! K&N drop-in and Silverstars
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey thank God you, and more importantly, your kids are ok...The car can and will be fixed...Did you damage your headlights at all?

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
OUCH! Thats sad!
I hope the car is going to be ok...
Im glad everyone else is ok...

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'm glad everyone is OK. Next time just hit the little rodent.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
OMG! first off it is great to hear that you and the little ones are ok. second it really only looks like cosmetic damage. the tire leaning in is probably only a bent control arm. i hope that everything works out for you and it is possible to get the car back to its original condition.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L

No way, sorry to hear about this Roger! If you can wait a couple weekends (after exams) I can take care of those wheels/tires for you. I'll break em' down and clean everything up for you, no charge. Just let me know!

Just glad to hear the kids and you are fine!

-Andy

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Go ahead & take it as a sign from God. I know I'm on borrowed time...

Always good to hear that nobody was hurt, but keep an eye on the kids. I don't know how old they are so assuming they're fairly young, they may seem OK at first, but that kinda stuff can shake a youngster up emotionally. Talk softly with a smile & offer lots of hugs & re-assurance. Can mean a lot to them.

As for the car, if you could open & close the doors, trunk, hood, & see very little variation in the sheet metal gaps, you should be OK. Just some suspension work needs doing - again.

I saw that you had made the Dragon run last October & was looking forward to seeing your beautiful car in person this year. I still hope to see you there with the SVT come this October.

Best of luck

JimR

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard