Hyperground Negative Groundwire Kit- Inital Impressions

In conjungtion with Joe @ SP Motorsports, I just installed the Hyperground kit on my 98 Contour SVT. So we will call this Project SP Hyperground.

Initial impression of the product is very good. The kit is very easy to install and Quality of the wires is second to none.

Removal of the battery is necessary and the instructions are fairly straightforward. There are many differrent ways to link the wires so you can be creative on your mounting points. My system runs 2 wires off the battery: one to the ground point under the battery and the other to the front cylinder head off the IMRC. From that point I ran 2 more wires off the same IMRC mount: one to the intake maniflod and one to the tranny. The final wire runs off the same maniflod point to the front frame mount. Most of the wires run under the front head cover so they are not too obtrusive. Installation time: 1 hour

Initial driving impressions: The wires seem to do what they claim. Lights are brighter, etc. Drivability seems to be better. The powerband is actually smoother and the car does pull better. The most noticeable gains ( for my car) are the upper revs. My car feels much better above 6k rpm. I know most of us don't usually pull all the way up to 6k, but I didn't really realize it was going that high until I checked the revs. The kit seems to have made the car happier in the higher rev range. I account this to the fact the ignition system does not need to work as hard at the higher rpm range because there is less resistance. I would compare it to putting a K&N filter on your electrical system.

This is not a big HP gainer, but does live up to it's claims. I would recommend the kit for any car out there.

Final Thoughts: The kit is clean and easy to install. Quality is very good. The kit is only about $100 to $120 depending on the color you choose. The kit comes in 3 sizes: small, medium and large. Small for your 4 cylinder applications, Medium for sixes and Large for rear Battery mount cars. It is wouth the cost. The kit has only been installed for a day. I will follow up with long term tests later.

I would like to thank Joe@SPMotorsports for taking the risk and carrying these wires untested. He will be happy to talk to you about getting a set for your car.

98 EO #587 Currently Dirt Jumping