Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#407871 07/29/02 11:49 PM
S
OP Offline
S
i wanted to know from a few people with the blower what they ended up doin to their motor to prepare it. i know the vortech has had its problems, but now that they seem to be resolved...
im thinkin about gettin it. i heard about looping the oil line for the supercharger, and an inline oil cooler, but what about the compression??? its at 10:1 i believe, and wouldnt the boost be too much for the crank? the last thing i need is detonation, and it seems possible, so how strong is the crank? and should i lower the compression first?

99 toreador red/tan SVT Contour
Mirko Racing intake and splitter
i sold my damn 5.0L for this car
but i gotta say this car kicks my
ass
#407872 07/30/02 12:42 AM
K
K
Just bolt her up, its designed to work on your engine. The hardest part of the vortech from what I understand is getting the pulley end of the jackshaft PERFECTLY aligned to the blower end, in fact the only real GOOD way is to pull the engine and trans to do it. If its not alighned properly seal issues start arising. However I'm anal and most people have been running 5-6K miles on revised shafts/seals and haven't had a problem so take it for what that's worth.

2000 Roush Cougar MTX
MSDS Headers, Rear disc conversion, SVT TB and IM, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Weapon R Dragon w/kkm MAF adaptor, B&M, NR wht gauges

Link Copied to Clipboard