Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TLP Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

First of all its all still in the planing stages. I was invited to attend the pilimanary meeting, however its at Saleens shop 700 miles away as I understand it.

Two things, I talked to SVTOA over the phone, the guy I spoke to suggested we get our own chapter as well as a dealer sponser. I dont know about all that! As far as local chapters go, If say all us Utah guys join we already have several SVTOA members in state, we would just need a dealer sponsor etc,

Next it sounds like anyone will be allowed to (as we have now come to commonly refer to as) " GAWK and WALK " for a small gate fee! Again not all things have been decided.

Autocross and road course! I figure as long as things are still in the planning stages I see no reason why we couldnt get our own parking! I will have to be honest and say that I am sure they will cater to SVTOA members first! ( this is not a ploy to join, I have and have many second thoughts and many o times wish I had purchased a good pizza instead )

I think what it really comes down to, is we have a place to go, something to do there, a reason for being. I think we still can arrange a drive as Simon pointed out. I think we can all have fun! (It is vegas)
The sema show will have just wrapped up, hopefully some of them may have stuck around. I am sure Ford will have their people stay over for the SVTOA thing, the Focus tour and Ford Racing trailers should be there as mentioned a Shelby tour and Saleen as well.

T
TLP Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I apologize for all the info, Its a lot of questions and I am trying to find out as much as I can. I have been geting info from a lot of sources and just passing it on. I will try and make sure I get everything correct.

Genrel admission tickest for non SVTOA members will be available.

Its the first 160 SVTOA members for on track events. Its $200. before sept 28 and $250 after.

The Las Vegas SVTOA chapter will be hosting along with what looks like help from L.A. chapter.
There is a shelby tour, nothing from Saleen, he is just going to the L.A. chapters first meet!

S
S
Apologize? No need for that TLP, your doing a fantastic job laugh. All the more info the better I see it. I don't know anything about SVTOA and that stuff, but if anyone needs help with anything that needs to be done here, let me know, I'll be more then glad to help out.

Simon W. Las Vegas.
96 SE V6 MTX Tereador Red (1st Blown Engine, better be the last!)
1999 SVT Engine
SVT Exhaust w/custom DTM Tips and optimized Y-pipe and no Res (thanks to Po-Jay!). LSD Quaife(thanks to Terry!), SCA CAI w/KKM, Grizzly clutch, FMS 9mm wires, Airknights custom short shifter.

"You can only get more rice at one time by ordering Chinese" - Davo7SVT
"it's only nuts and bolts" - Terry Haines
"Drive it like you stole it" - Me!
J
J
Saleen is going to be at the SVTOA meeting on the 28th of July. When is the meeting at the shop? If you give me details I might be able to go and find out some info. laugh

98 E1
99 SE to inlaws
02" Explorer
T
TLP Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Only thing new is that the SVTOA meeting will be at a FORD dealer and I have been told Steve Saleen will attend, contact the SVTOA L.A. chapter.

If and when I hear more I will post!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard