Quote:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
I'm here for a week on business and I'm glad that I didn't get a rental car. The driving here is insane. Our cab was cutoff 27 times in a half hour drive. We cut off equally as many. Road rage seems non-existent. They just keep on driving without noticing one anothers reaction.
I said the same thing when I went to Chuiahua (sp) for Ford. I considered renting a car, but decided that I would use the travel reimbursement to pay for taxis everywere I needed to go (not many places, airport-hotel-plant-airport). Boy was I glad I did that when I was in the taxi when I first got in.

I also noticed that every driveway, no matter how small, had a tall gate with bars to close it. And not a single person working at the plant drove a car newer than 5-10 years (and those were the engineers).

We went out for dinner one night, and the Canadian and I were especially careful about getting the runs. Well, at least I was. Bottled water, no ice, etc. etc. for both of us. Except he ate the white/pink rice that came with everyone's dinner. Just him. He looked pretty green the next morning at breakfast. Because cooked rice is rinsed before serving. Sucka.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002