Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Great info..
so to be clear, the CSVT stock steering is OK & does not need to be changed. And the FSVT calipers ARE different than CSVT??
Well, I bolted the FSVT caliper on to the OE mounting points and it lined up and fit properly. Obviously, I removed, actually ziptied to the spring, the OE CSVT caliper. Installed the FSVT rotor on, perfect fit, and installed the FSVT caliper. I then installed the OE wheel back (E1) onto the hub. TheGreatOne then jumped into the driver's seat and turned the wheel full lock left and full lock right, while I was holding/pushing the OE calper out of the way and spinning the wheel. Full lock right was achieved with ease and 9/10 lock left was achieved; my hand and the OE caliper were in they way.

The calipers are basically the same, at least to my untrained eye. The FSVT caliper is larger and seems to be a bit heavier than the CSVT caliper. I won't know until I weigh the CSVT piece.

The FSVT rotor measured out to be 11 13/16 while the CSVT rotor is 10 15/16. (TheGreatOne, correct me if I'm wrong...) Thats an increase of almost an inch! smile

Weights:
FSVT caliper: 12lbs, loaded with pads
FSVT rotor: 19.5lbs
used CSVT rotor (30k): 15.3lbs

Now, the weights may be a little off, I was using my bathroom scale.

Now, my only question is, do I get SS lines that fit the CSVT or the FSVT calipers? I will be calling Bill J. in the AM to confirm that the brake line fittings (called a banjo?) are the same between both platforms.

I will try to get a friend with a digicam to come over during the install to help document the process. It does seem pretty much a straight swap.

Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost w/Frankentrans
carsla AT optonline DOT net