Yup, doesn't surprise me that they didn't have a part number listed. As you've no doubt noticed, its nearly impossible to find anything that fits the first time, or fits at all on the SVT. Brake pads are no exception. I ordered pads from spmotorsports but they only make the carbon pads for the rears, not the fronts. That's KVR's fault (stupid). So I ordered the semi-metallics all the way around. Well because of the different ears on the backing plates that were done sometime through the course of the life of the '98 SVT's, I kept getting the wrong pads sent to me. I was going through Bill Jenkins and even Ford was mislabeling the pads (the box would say the right ones but they weren't). 5 sets of pads later I still didn't have the right ones. I faxed Bill a trace of my backing plate (mine have skinny ears, the others are fatter ears) and my SVT uses the Cougar front pads. It was truly a nightmare, be prepared.

Once all that was finished, I had new pads up front which were stock Ford compound (booo) and the rears are semi-metallic. What a mess. They seem o.k. for the street and I really don't care. Now that I had new pads though, I sent my old pads down to Carbotech in the mail so that they could use the old backing plates. That's the only way they can do it. I had them refinish them in their new Panther compound. They were very prompt and nice and I had them in time for my track even which was less than 2 weeks turn around time from me mailing them to them FedEx'ing them back to me. They are really kickass pads though.

That's the story!

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonS:

Hey Flip, What part number are those carbotech pads? The carbotech guys told me they didn't have pads for my 2000 SVT. Doing a track day soon, and need good pads. Also, the Pegasus catalog has offset ducts that may work for the front brake cooling ducts, I'm going to try it.

------------------
Adam Wilson
Chicago CEG member
http://www.automotiveinfopage.com

Adam Wilson
Chicago CEG member
http://www.automotiveinfopage.com