Originally posted by gearhead:
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
I didnt suggest IBM because i never see any ads for them,

IBM is now Lenovo. The only thing that has changed is the name. They're still assembled in Raleigh, NC. They are still the BEST...especially the T series because the T stands for the titanium case....very rugged. I use one for work everyday and it gets bumped around a LOT. I've had NO PROBLEMS with it. Of course, I AM biased since I work for IBM.

Wrong!

Panasonic Toughbook FTW! Also noting that the wiki states that they actually make most of the parts for the laptop instead of the ODM done below.

Here's a example of who uses a toughbook: Special Operations UAV...

However, Quanta, the ODM manufacturer that actually makes the IBM laptops (note that this IS NOT/HAS NOT BEEN IBM or Lenovo) also builds Dell Latitudes (not the Inspirons, they're by someone else, probly Compal), Apples, and some others. This said ODM manufacturer is supposedly the best one...

Another example of an ODM manufacturer is Clevo. They build the laptops that are later branded Alienware and some other "high end gaming" systems at the bottom of the wiki.

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/30/06 01:48 AM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V