Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
The word on teh intarweb is that Ford has sent production of their HD fluid to China and quality has dropped. There's a C int he part # if it's the new cheap stuff.

The new supplier is a company called CCI, as opposed to the old stuff coming from Dow chemical. The new stuff supposedly has comparable boiling temps dry and wet. And while most will say that Ford switched because the CCI fluid was cheaper, that isn't entirely true; they switched because the new stuff has much lower viscosity, especially at cold temps, and it allows the IVD/RSC systems to meet thier performance targets at all temps without using very expensive active brake boosters.

I never had any issues with any of my brake test vehicles running the CCI fluid, but, by the same token, I never had any real race track experience with it either.

Oh, and I would recommend against the Valvoline Synpower fluid; my experience with it is that it is the worst fluid I have ever used. It was fine when I put it in the car, but, it was so hygroscopic that I had to reflush the entire system within a month because I couldn't stand the pedal feel.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net