Originally posted by todras:
Post needs more...

Wow, kinda surprised that many folks would know about The Ol' Hoe. It may very well be THE best summer beer ever. A little orange slice, nice & cold...yeah that's the ticket. The only witbier I like better than Hoegaarden is Manekin Pis, but that's even tougher to track down. It has a cooler label/cap though...little peeing fella on there (pic of a statue called Manekin Pis from a fountain in Brussels). Some years ago I was a server at a restaurant that specialized in different beers (nearly 1,000 different at any given time) & I've had more than my fair share of different brews (my nickname there was "Ben the Beerguy" even; I guess it was clever then...not so much now though). Anyway, Hoegaarden was def. a standout.

Fortunately for me I have a bottle of Blue Moon Belgian White left in the fridge so I might have to crack it open after a while. It's not nearly as good as either of the above mentioned, but it'll suffice for now.

Ben *now* '00 CSVT T-red/tan #1684/2150 *sold* '92 Galant VR-4 #580/1000 *sold* '93 FD3S TT