Originally posted by SniperUML:
Looking to increase HP to about 200-220, ideas that are affordable for a college student?

I agree with everyone else. The only affordable way to get 200-220HP is either with a turbo or supercharger.

For now, the easy cheap upgrades are...
SlepperZ intake
K&N replacement Filter
Crank UDP

For power you would want either a...

Jackson Racing (JRSC) Focus SVT M62 Supercharger

OR

GT28RS Turbocharger

OR

T3 Super60 Turbocharger

All of those will get you into the 200+ wheel HP region. The JRSC M62 supercharger would be the easiest to install. It is practically a bolt on, especially for your '99 Contour. They can also be found in the "For Sale" secions on the Focaljet forums and Focus Fanatics forums.

Currently putting a turbo on a Contour is a DIY project. Myself and two others are working on putting a tubo on their 'tours. I'm hoping to get a header adapter and downpipe made up so that others will have a much easier time.

You will still need 42# injectors, a Mustang GT or Lightning Mass Air Flow sensor, upgraded fuel pump, and proper tuning to make it all work.

Also, welcome to the CEG!

Please read through all of the stickies at the top of this forum and use the Search feature. All of these questions have been asked before.

Later,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.