Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
I am going to say it......squeezing any kind of insane power out of Contour will be pointless.

Say you do make 500 hp on you Zetec. Which will require around 30 psi. Engine right away, even built up, is going to liability. The car doesn't hook up, so you have to put slicks or drag radials. You start breaking driveshafts. It would go on and on...

Unless you have ALOT of disposable income doing all of this....

With all that being said....I would love to see someone do this. Not 500 HP but a 300-350 HP turbo Zetec. It would be reliable, wouldn't have to run too much boost, and more than likely would be faster than a Duratec Contour with the same power.

Couldn't agree with you more hector as cool as it would be to get that much power out of a Zetec MTX contour, its just stupid. I think there is a point where there is too much power for all cars. Yeah, there has been people on here with SVT's who have pushed 400 WHP. which is awesome, but cant really achieve much better then a 13.7 or 13.8 in the quarter (someone correct me if I am wrong). For a couple of reasons, one being the upgraded CV joints for the contour blow, and always break due to wheel hop, which brings me to my next point... Wheel hop, traction. You cant for the life of you get any traction worth balls out of a FWD car.

Personally a good number to shoot for in a Zetec contour is about 250-290 Whp. Im sure it can be done with 10-15 lbs of boost out of a turbo and lightly built motor. The combination of light boost and built up zetec + trannie would make a reliable and powerful fun car.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?