Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Welcome to the poiint of no return.

My car - I would sell for $13500, but the chances of someone offering me that are probably slim to none.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Whats up with you guys and 5 bucks... Anyway, time to look into forced induction I suppose

W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
MX, $5.50 is a bit steep. I was being generous with $5

Seriously though mods can go eitherway depending one what is done and who the prospective buyer is. If you keep the mods on it may take longer to sell the car, but you quite possibly will find the right person that will appreciate it and give what you want for it, however, removing the mods and lowering the price will probably sell the car quicker.

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Get a Zex nitrous kit and you'll love your car all over again............until it blows it's 2.5L - but then you just throw in a 3L and it's love all over again (again).

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Keep the contour as a daily driver, and buy a fun/ fast car... 300zx

Either way, I was just curious as to what I could get for it. I've put alot into it, and lately it seems like its going to fall apart. Voltage issue at high rpm, CEL of doom, thousands of squeeks and rattles coming from the suspension. I cant even drive this car like it should be anymore.

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
FWIW- I'm getting a fair amount of interest on my car at about ~$9500, unfortunatly most people can only get financed for $5500 or so and don't want to pay $4000 cash ontop of it.

Plain-jane 3.0L supercharged E0 FOR SALE OR TRADE FOR STOCK SVT PLUS CASH WTB- 36# return injectors
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Rawburt, I remember a post from you within the last month, saying that you planned on keeping the SVT for a LONG time. Was that your idea of a long time?

Your car has 119k miles on it, and is 7 years old. Things are going to happen that you'll need to fix. Do you think a 92 300zx is going to be MORE reliable, or LESS squeeky/rattly? LMAO at you!!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Rawburt, I remember a post from you within the last month, saying that you planned on keeping the SVT for a LONG time. Was that your idea of a long time?

Your car has 119k miles on it, and is 7 years old. Things are going to happen that you'll need to fix. Do you think a 92 300zx is going to be MORE reliable, or LESS squeeky/rattly? LMAO at you!!!

Mark

+1

not only that, but a 300zx (especially the TT) is waaaaay overpriced these days. lots of better performance for a lot less money in a much newer car.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'm keeping it... I've just been thinking what I could petentially get for it?

Oh and if I have to replace my third alternator this weekend, I'm going to ghost ride it off a cliff.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
My only prob in this thread is todd and his 2k$ car. You got a steal of a deal from a guy on the boards who felt bad for you. Your car is not an accurate reflection of the market for our cars.

I also hate the guys who are like, oh JD's dad bought the car for X amount of money. It was ebay and IIRC he was not expecting to get the car at that price. Stazi you can def get 13.5k for your car.

Now I am debating selling my vortech and some supporting mods and just making my car a daily again. The idea for me to have my car a contour garage queen with the rust and fact it has been thru so many winters is simply retarded to me, now.

I have found a pretty mint 1978 Datsun 280Z with 40k original miles...garage kept. I can afford it and insure it with hagerty.

I love my contour and not in the garage it and never drive it way. The thing is a great car so long as it works.

Currently it sounds like the steering rack is acting up...

I will prob go back to honda on my next car and never look back. I miss my 00 Accord EX. Even though it was AT...it was an incredible car.

The contour community is great and all, but I do not have time to fug around with the vortech and tuning. I am not a good tuner...I know a little bit and enough to have my car run.

sorry for the rant

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard