Originally posted by jthursby:
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
First of all, I'm sure some of you have seen me drop hints here and there for the new Transformers Live movie (July 4 2007). I have some updates and information if people wish to look.

Man the sight of two of those things in the air scares me silly! Only means somebody is kicking the reaper in the gonads. Only recently, and probably not made public, is how one of those abortions went into a 50 foot hover completely uncommanded by the crew. Thats some scary shizit. Congress keeps that and drops the Comanche? Somebodys getting rich.

Waah waah waah. One of the first F-14s had one wing stick full forward and one full back in flight, and I've seen video of a production Tomcat's engines blowing up in a turn. PRODUCTION, as in deployed at sea. Aircraft inadvertently lifting off while engines are running up happen more often than you think (I read one story of one of the F-16 test jets lifting off during high-speed taxi because they didn't realize how much lift the body generated), and occasionally it's not even a pilot in the cockpit, but instead a crew chief with at best a rudimentary understanding of flying and none of landing. The Osprey crews don't deserve the "You're gonna die!" chants coming from goobers like you who think they know something special. And Comanche deserved to get killed...it was a hyperexpensive project for a mission that doesn't exist anymore. It's not as good a recon platform as the Predator and it's not as good a killing machine as the Apache-D, so what's the point?

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.