Originally posted by BP:
i hear you but be honest. once president bush says you're on the "axis of evil" is there really any chance of getting off?

if the axis of evil'er takes a step towards getting off the list will they just get their foot stomped on?

Libya was on our s**t-list and they are most certainly off of it now. They still have a way to go before completely normal relations take place, but since renouncing terrorism and their WMD, it's been a much happier relationship...

Originally posted by BP:
at this stage we have nothing to lose. is a man's pride more valuable than a soldiers life?

Again, I don't see the label as a matter of pride; I see it as a matter of fact, given the actions and rhetoric out of DPRK and Iran. This rather suspect letter is the first bit of Ahmadi that most in the West have seen outside of his BS that he spews in front of Iran's press...

Originally posted by BP:
in my mind it would confirm a serious character flaw in our leadership if we refuse to respond and give it a shot.

At this point, I bet we don't engage in any meaningful discourse; "politically", it's not the right way or channel to handle things, though I personally think a direct response should be the way to approach this...

Originally posted by BP:
and oh yeah, let's please leave iraq and wmd's out of this. i ended up being right about that one.

My grandparents made a fair amount of money off of the stock market before they passed on; they were about as far away from market gurus as one could get but as they said themselves, they were lucky in their guesswork.

So you're telling me you emperically knew back then what the CIA did not?

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe