Continuation of this:

http://www.contour.org/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007143

Short of it is, I went out the same day on my lunch and bought a $55 dollar coil pack. (Yes, I'm a geek, I even changed it at home on my lunch break).

Immediate results of maybe a little smoother idle, but (I hesitiate to say it in case I jinx myself) a complete curing of my year long battle to rid the car of a high rpm stutter/let up. Measuring the ohms on the bench at like 60 degrees showed normal resistance, with one set of connections being just about 200 ohms higher than the others. I don't know what the problem was, maybe weak insulation inside that occasionaly allowed internal arcing, or maybe they do just wear out over time. Anyway - my car now pulls hard and smooth right to redline with no hint of a stutter. Maybe it was spark blow out, I'm not sure, but it hasn't repeated even once with multiple trips to red line over the past week smile

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the cheap autozone coil!

97 SE MTX, KKM, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, SVT TB, SVT UIM, SVT Flywheel, Grizzly Street Clutch, Upgraded motor mounts, mystifed precats, brand new main cat, SVT exhaust sans resonator, 205-55-15 Dunlop SP5000's

154hp / 156 tq before the SVT exhaust, SVT dual honed upper and swapping the mystery main cat for mystery precats.

My Profile