little more background while I have the time. the car is a 96 se I got with a blown headgasket, but the car still ran, I tore it out and swapped in a 2.5 from a 96 contour I've owned for 4 years and not had a single problem with. Car drove great for 45 miles and then started this problem. It died ont he highway when I pushed int he clutch and didnt want to restart. when I got it towed home I ripped off the intake and valve covers and nothing was out of whack. so we ran it with them off and started testing things. first thing i noticed was that it woulndnt start with the intake on but it starts and runs everytime with no upper intake, or throttle body attached. All injectors are spraying even. Noise doesnt go away when unplugging a certain injector, but without the #2 wire on it the noise is gone. also had 160's compression across the board

Derek Johnson 88 TurboTBird 32psi, t3/t4 bb 50trim, megasquirt, 3 bar map, 50lb inj, roller cam w adj. gear, header, 3" downpipe and full exhaust, gutted intake manifolds, spec stg 3 95SE 3L gone