Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
id be glad to help War. I have a fluid container that i can send to BlackStone Labs for an oil analasis. I will also save some of the fluid in my trans to do my own color/smell test and give my honest opinion. Then i will post BlackStones findings.

I look forward to posting the results. And no theres no friction modifier in mine. My original, did have it. It was the ford fluid + friction mod.

Now its just stright MTL. I ran MTL once after the first fluid swithc for 2,000 miles. Then flushed it again and filled with fresh, and thats the one i ahve meen riding on for 30,000 almost.

Lupe

Well, I ask about the FM because depending upon how much used, I believe it can be detrimental to the transmission.
Also, if there was a lot used and if the old fluid/FM mix wasn't fully flushed out it will still leave a residue that can contaminate/alter the next fluid fill. Now I'm not saying it will hurt anything in small amounts but there are indications that it may affect MTL. I won't say much more until I gather enough information because I could be wrong.

Anyway, since you flushed and ran new MTL, you shouldn't even have any issues with it. Try and take a picture while it is draining with light at an angle behind the fluid stream..... helps with describing fluid quality and eliminates any arguments about conditions as it comes out.

THANKS A MILLION for working on getting this information. All of CEG and probably NECO will benefit from your efforts and we all want continue to get to the bottom of this debate about MTL.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black