Originally posted by ohsigmachi:

That's just it, they haven't earned it. They came here illegaly and refuse to play by the rules.

They weren't generalizations they were valid personal experiences from things I have seen with my own eyes and people that I KNOW and in some cases are friends with. The churches that I speak of actually have enormous stockpiles of non-perishable goods and a clothing shop the size of most retail shops (think AE or the GAP).

Money they don't pay taxes on and send the majority of out of the country to run somebody elses economy.

If they work for the money they make, then they earned it, as simple as that. Money isnt earned because your legal, its earned based on the work you did to receive it. If you can do the labor, then you earn the pay.

GAP or AE arent very big to begin with, so i doubt most or all of these workers get all their clothes there. Also, these churches dont give out a complete weeksworth of groceries, only some. My mom used to volunteer at some of these churches and they would never give out too much or enough to feed the whole family because there wouldnt be enough.

They do pay taxes, unless the companies dont report, to medicare/social security/etc which partially goes to help those aging legal americans. Now if the companies dont report, thats a whole other issue. Who are we to dictate how anyone spends their income, if they wish to burn it at night in their fireplace for warmth then let them, no one tells you what you can or cannot spend money on.

-ivan c.