Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Cooler is a must... for all CD4E transmissions.

Trans Go kit is a valve body kit. The link below leads to the documentation that comes with it.
http://www.fordmondeo.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gears&Number=534004

Some may also recommend the use of Sonnax valves. Any comment here gurus?
Pressure checks on the transmission should alert to the possibility of problems. Any guru care to expand on this?

1997 Mondeo Ghia 2.0 ATX
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Something I guess I didn't mention in my earlier post, is that the valve bodys sold by Axiom are rebuilt units which have new Sonnax valves in place of the older ones. This will take care of the need to do both. Plus, I personally think the Sonnax valves are a little better. But that just might be me.

Ziyad is right though, if you go back with an OEM valve body with OEM pistons, you will be right back here fairly quickly.

Yes, I would do the TC too. The clutch material of the TC is basically metal, so once it slips a few good times it could be damaged. Why take that chance, unless you really really have to? Check around at your local parts stores and you should be able to find rebuilt units for around $100.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
R
Ra\/en Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Ok, so let me see if I got this now. Unisys, you are saying that I should just buy and install the rebuilt Axiom Valve body with the new Sonnax valve. So if I do this I should not install the TransGo kit. Right? And what is this cooler that I should install?

Also Unisys, you said that I should replace the TC, is this something I could do in the garage, or after I buy a rebuilt TC will I have to find some shop to do the work?

Thanks for all the help.

98 Black Mystique LS Duratec V6 2.5L ATX K&N air filter, cleaned EGR, new Autolite double platinum plugs, magnacore wires, rebuit Sonnax valved VB, TSS, TPS. Mobil 1 5W-30
R
Ra\/en Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Is this right? Buy the Axiom rebuilt valve body with new sonnax valve, and don't bother getting the TransGo kit? Also, if I am doing this, I will replace the TC, where could I get a rebuilt TC?

Thanks again,

Nick

98 Black Mystique LS Duratec V6 2.5L ATX K&N air filter, cleaned EGR, new Autolite double platinum plugs, magnacore wires, rebuit Sonnax valved VB, TSS, TPS. Mobil 1 5W-30
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Ra\/en:
Is this right? Buy the Axiom rebuilt valve body with new sonnax valve, and don't bother getting the TransGo kit? Also, if I am doing this, I will replace the TC, where could I get a rebuilt TC?

Thanks again,

Nick

Yep, that's right. Or, what I would do anyway. Better yet, what I did.

As for the TC... http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=SAG&mfrpartnumber=FM80&parttype=673&ptset=A

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
R
Ra\/en Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I went to the Axiom Site, then to the upgrades section,
Axiom Upgrades, which part is it, that I need? The Bypass Clutch Valve and Sleeve, Converter Regulator and Pressure Regulator Valves, or Master Valve Kit? Also, do you have to call them to order?

Thanks again, and thanks for all the help.

Nick

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Yes, you have to call them to order. They are very helpful and pretty knowledgeable about the CD4E as well. Just tell them that you need a valve body for your car and that you want to make sure it has all Sonnax valves in it. They will know and can instruct you further on anything else that you might need for the install.

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
You might also want to shop around a little and check out Pheonix Hard Parts for a valve body also.

Both companys are repretable and many other members have used them in the past.

R
R
I have exactly the same problem. Is there an aftermarket chip that can be purchased and plugged in to help run the transmission cooler? If so, where and how much?

Thank You

Originally posted by Ra\/en:
I am sorry if something like this has been posted before. This problem just started a couple of weeks ago. My car runs great, and shifts smooth until I drive for about 45 minutes to an hour on the highway, about 65 mph. Then I will get into town when the car will be shifting alot and it seems to slip a lot, 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd. It makes a big jerk. Is this slipping? If it is, should I do a tranny flush? or do you recommend something else? The Mystique has about 90,000 miles on it now, and I don't think the tranny fluid has ever been flushed or changed, at least not since I've had it (40,000 miles.)

Again I am sorry if this has been posted before, but I didn't know how to search for this problem.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Nick

R
Ra\/en Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Well, tomorrow I will be replacing the Valve body, with all new Sonnax Valves. Afterwards I will have a flush done. Hopefully this will cure the problem. Do you still think I should have the cooler put on?

Thanks for all the help. If this condition continues I, will come back for more advice on what to do.

Nick

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard