Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
well the rear wheels are spinning but the engine is in the back so.....

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by m!key:

The problem is with stock power (425hp), you can chirp the tires shifting into 4th gear (and spin like crazy in the lower gears). This is with the stock 265/35R-18 DOT-R semi-slicks.

I'm definitely going to need to find a solution to get more grip back there, even with 60% of the weight in the back.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by gotapex:

The problem is with stock power (425hp), you can chirp the tires shifting into 4th gear (and spin like crazy in the lower gears). This is with the stock 265/35R-18 DOT-R semi-slicks.

I'm definitely going to need to find a solution to get more grip back there, even with 60% of the weight in the back.

Wow! And you're still adding more power? You track the car, right? Just out of curiosity, why are you adding more power? Is it not fast enough or bragging rights?
What kind of suspension does the car have, front and rear?

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by m�¶bius:

Wow! And you're still adding more power? You track the car, right? Just out of curiosity, why are you adding more power? Is it not fast enough or bragging rights?

More power is mainly for the higher speeds. I'm going to be working on the aerodynamics too. I also hope to be able to fit 285 or 295 tires with slightly wider wheels. It's such a close fit though, it'll require a wheel manufacturer to come down to actually measure everything.

The suspension is a bespoke coilover with Dynamic Suspension dampeners and Eibach ERS (Eibach Race Springs) springs. There's a front sway bar, but no rear.

Here's a picture:

The lower end M12 GTO-3R gets a bespoke coilover Bilstein shock and H&R springs, with no front sway bar. You can see them in the back:

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

More power is mainly for the higher speeds. I'm going to be working on the aerodynamics too. I also hope to be able to fit 285 or 295 tires with slightly wider wheels. It's such a close fit though, it'll require a wheel manufacturer to come down to actually measure everything.

The suspension is a bespoke coilover with Dynamic Suspension dampeners and Eibach ERS (Eibach Race Springs) springs. There's a front sway bar, but no rear.

Here's a picture:

The lower end M12 GTO-3R gets a bespoke coilover Bilstein shock and H&R springs, with no front sway bar. You can see them in the back:

Please stop..you're killing me!!!

MUST......WIN........LOTERRY!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Wow, I want to see that baby in action!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

Here's a picture:

Contact patch is everything...

Actually, I guess I didn't word my question very well and since I'm pressed on time I haven't been able to research it. What type of suspension is on the Noble? SLA? Double McPherson? Live axle? How is it designed?

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G

Here's a picture:

Contact patch is everything...

Actually, I guess I didn't word my question very well and since I'm pressed on time I haven't been able to research it. What type of suspension is on the Noble? SLA? Double McPherson? Live axle? How is it designed?

Double wishbone, front and rear. Lee Noble worked on chassis development for the McLaren F1, and, of course, wanted to make his own car handle even better.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

Double wishbone, front and rear. Lee Noble worked on chassis development for the McLaren F1, and, of course, wanted to make his own car handle even better.

I need to finish my current project(s) so I can work on something really fast.

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Timing chain, cams, etc in.

Upper intake manifold powdercoated. Started a candy apple red, but mixed darker for more of a blood crimson.

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard