I hate to make another "what should I do?" reply, but my situation is a little unique.

I have a grinding going into first gear if not at a complete stop. Seems some other people on the board have the same problem, but it isn't certain if this is normal due to the high stress of that shift or if the first gear synchro is shot. Personally I suspect the synchro, because it only started recently and I have always put it into first before stopping, out of habit.

So demonsvt suggests ATF 3 or 4, because it bites and already has FM in it. But so does Redline MTL, with the added benefit of being good for your gears. So, if the reason for using ATF is it "bites" with its FM, MTL will work fine? And if ATF, 3 or 4? Does it matter?

I just want to delay whatever problem I may have, because finances at the moment aren't going to let me fix it now. And if first gear grind is normal (when not at a stop), I want whatever is best for the tranny. So what should I go with? And should I add friction modifier?

Last edited by stadtsoldat; 03/04/05 01:32 AM.

1999 SVT, Tropic Green No mods yet www.cardomain.com/id/stadtsoldat