Well, I think you are answering your own question. If you think that clear tail lights = sporty, yet you see Tauri, F-150s, Altimas, etc. getting them, then that might be the reason why we haven't seen them produced for Contours. It's a lot like spoilers in the late 80s that first started showing up on performance cars, yet a decade later you saw them on Camrys, Accords, and Saturns. To automotive supliers and stylists, there is no such thing as "too much". I'm sure that we will continue to see lots of vehicles with clear tail lamps in the coming years. On some cars they look okay: Lexus IS 300 (the original Altezza), Mazda RX-8. On others, they look ridiculous: Lexus LX 330 SUV. They are a styling trend, and I'm sure that twenty years from now we'll look upon them with the same reverence we give to curb feelers, half-mooon stickers on round headlights, and fake convertible roofs.

Sadly, Mitsubishi put Altezza-style tail lamps on my Evo, which I thought looked stupid. It was one of the first things I replaced on the car. Sigh....

Last edited by Lee K; 01/06/05 03:09 PM.

Lee K 98 SVT Contour, silver (sold after 7 years and 100K miles) 03 Lancer Evolution, red