Wow, we almost got a competent opinion out of you without resorting to that classic E-thug approach that you use so well. Almost...

Originally posted by Packrat:
Since you couldn't leave well enough alone.

Was this a threat? Comeon. I've been looking for you to actually engage in a semi-educated argument for about an hour now. This is exactly what I was looking for. So, not really sure what the threat is all about.

Originally posted by Packrat:
The way liberals treat minorities is racist. Liberals only care about Blacks, Mexicans, etc. when it comes to elections.

You truly believe this, don't you? That's just sad. Many of the "liberals" I know regularly volunteer their time to help others, many are teachers, many donate much more than just their money (in addition to taxes). When it comes to politics, you could use this argument for either side. Really sad that this is your opinion of all liberals. When was the last time you tried to help someone less fortunate?

I agree that many of the benefits provided by the government do not help people in their situations, but only continue to extend the problem. However, I think you've gone ahead again and painted this broad brush (as you seem to enjoy doing) and grouped all liberals as evil. However, I wouldn't put all the "blame" on liberals for making the poor so dependent on these programs. I have heard very few suggestions from Republicans besides "cut the program."

Is the solution to just cut those programs and let those on it sink or swim? Hardly. Can you imagine the problems we would have then? We do need to devise a new program. Clearly the current program has problems. A program that can be implemented in conjunction with the current programs in place. To cut these programs without offering other solutions is completely asinine.

What efforts are conservatives doing to help people that can't help themselves? Clearly there are people out there that can't help themselves! Also, as long as there are laws and policies, there will always be loopholes, and people abusing those loophopes. The part I like the most is how when the wealthy abuse the system, I don't really hear conservatives bitching about all the tax dollars it is costing them. Guess what, it is! But, when the poor abuse social programs they sure are up in arms. Where do you think this country loses more money? Tax loophopes, or social programs? There is a reason social workers are paid very little, but tax law is a very lucritive business.

I see a possible answer in education. Our public education system is an absolute disgrass! If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend a book by Jonathan Kozol called "Savage Inequalities." Education is not the only answer, but strengthing our education process is a must! If we have any chance of allowing minorites an opportunity to help themselves, it must begin with education.

I won't get into the various programs that have been cut, and how they truly are disgrassful to see them let go, and who is suffering as a result. Hell, I'll even stick with programs that are ONLY affecting children.

In closing. You should know that I am absolutely not a democrat and stay very much independent to choose the canidate that I believe will be best for our country. Nor do I vote for someone simply to follow a party line. I, along with the majority of my colleages, simply refuse the sheep mentality that I've seen rampent among the current majority. Think for yourselves!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)