Originally posted by Freakshow:
And if you believe in the bible and god then you believe your god wil be the one exacting punishment for breaking the commandments not his people on earth. If we left it up to the PEOPLE to exact gods punishment we'd be back in the dark ages with the inquisition going on again.

And I am not twisting the bible to make homosexuality OK in the eyes of religious people who follow it. I'm simply pointing out a part that no one ever talks about when it comes to this isuue. Jesus preached tolerance and love for fellow man; not hate for people who didn't follow the right path.

But he did not preach the tolerance of ongoing sin. He taught that we should try to turn sinners from their ways (and before you go off on a tirade, yes, I realize that we are all sinners, Christian or no). Let's not forget that. We didn't just abandon the Old Testament when we got the New. Jesus was sent here because we could not live up to the requirements of the Old Testament. That does not mean that God changed. He mearly provided a vehicle for our salvation from The Law, (Old Testament), which condemned us.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.