Originally posted by Freakshow:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Fact: The majority deems homosexual behavior as unacceptable. That may change in the future, but for now that's the way the cookie crumbles.

And as stated numerous times throughout this thread at one time the majority deemed may races as less than human and laws were made to limit those people's freedoms. The majority was wrong in those instances and it took many years and a civil rights movement to get things changed.

On another note Sandman: you keep talking about "hate the sin not the sinner" I coulda swore that most religions were against hate period? Didn't jesus preach about tolerance and love thy neighbor and do unto others etc etc etc? Forget about the old testament, please show me one quote where jesus ever said "gays are wrong" "don't ever let those gays marry because it's wrong" or anything to that affect. All you can do from a biblical perspective is quote old testament references. Most people who truly believe christ died for our sins admit that much of the old testament became obsolete after that moment due to christ dying for all man's sins. If you're going to use the bible to suport your arguement at least use ALL of it and not just the parts that conveniently fit your views.

I don't know where people get the idea that just because we have a New Testament, we can throw out the old one. My religion absolutely does not teach that. But anyway:

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

God is unchanging through time:

Hebrews 6
17Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.