Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Red92784:
Besides, they can choose not to live that life.

Just like you can CHOOSE to open your mind and accept them, right?

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Times have changed and the courtroom is what the laws happen now.

And that is scarey as hell. When these nutcase liberal judges decide they know whats right, screw what the laws say, and make their own damn laws, then we lose our system of checks and balances.

Are you F'n Kidding Me????? Throughout our history it has been the courts that have NEEDED to step up to protect the minority's CIVIL RIGHTS! Without those judges, our lives today would be very discriminatory towards all minorities.

You know there were laws prohibiting people to vote, right? The courts had to stand up and call those laws unconstitutional. If the "nutcase" judges didn't reverse this law, women and blacks would not be allowed to vote.

Also, there were LAWS prohibiting Interacial Marriages. Again, the courts were required to step in and protect the minority.

Finally, we have segregation within the school systems. Once again, if it wasn't for those "nutcase" judges, we'd still be living in a VERY segregated world.

Should I bring up more examples of segregation throughout the country?

I guess you consider all these cases of judges protecting minority civil rights as completely wrong. These are more cases where those "nutcase" judges clearly overstepped their bounds and went against the majority.

Just like then, times are changing. Gay Marriage is inevitable, and it will happen in our lifetime. The way the current laws are written, these CITIZENS deserve the same rights and privledges as any other couple under the Constitution. You've truly shown your redneck ways with a statement like that.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Funny how I am far from the only one that thinks judges are overstepping their bounds.

Quote:

Gay Marriage is inevitable, and it will happen in our lifetime. The way the current laws are written, these CITIZENS deserve the same rights and privledges as any other couple under the Constitution. You've truly shown your redneck ways with a statement like that.

Wow can you say "I am dead wrong and have no idea about the person I am referring to as a redneck." If you can say those words, you should. Guess what buddy? I was born and raised in that little state to your west called New York, 10 minutes away from New York City. So you can take your typical northern hypocrite, I am better than everyone, attitude and shove it. Look past the tip of your nose "Mr. Kerry." There is a whole world out there that doesn't agree with that northern attitude.

Gee, this whole thread has been about respecting people's opinions and accpeting people for who they are. But you come in with some crap about me being a redneck. I don't care about being called a redneck, I am just trying to point out the typical hypocrisy that has run crazy throughout this thread. I have said it once, and I will say it again; all I hear in this thread is the crap about accpeting gays for who they are. But God forbid someone have a different value system than you. No, then we are all bible beating, redneck, KKK members. Can't have it both ways. Just as it is their "right" to be gay, it's my right to disagree with their lifestyle choices and do my best with my vote to make sure they don't desicrate marriage.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

There's no getting around it, homosexuality is dead wrong from the Bible's viewpoint.

No, it's dead wrong from your interpretation of your Bible's viewpoint. I can find you just as many theologians that claim the Bible doesn't claim homosexuality is a sin as those that do.

Your Bible is not the Word of God. Your Bible is the Word translated and interpreted, depending on your particular version, potentially dozens of times. And each time passages are changed slightly to suit the times and/or are simply translated differently by different people. Read the Bible in Hebrew and it's not nearly as cut-and-dry a case as you would probably like it to be.

Absolutely. It's surprising that many people still think that it's the King James Version that was handed down from God.

Just look at the Book of Genesis. There are two versions of the creation story mentioned. There is the Priestly Creation Story (Gen 1:1-2:4). The world is created in six days, culminating with the creation of man on the sixth day. The Yahwist Creation Story follows right after (Gen 2:4-25). This one starts with the creation of man, and then subsequently a world is built up around man. And this is just one example!

Ancient Hebrew was written without vowels. So you may have "KNG DVD LVD." Is that King David lived, or loved? There were also the factors of sloppy handwriting and dittography.

Martin My Profile 2000 Contour SE V6 ATX 170K miles Hecho en Mexico Steel blue w/greystone interior 1997 Volvo 850 Wagon 146K
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Just as it is their "right" to be gay, it's my right to disagree with their lifestyle choices and do my best with my vote to make sure they don't desicrate marriage.

What can you not understand here. Go ahead and have your opinions. That's great. That's not what this is about. THIS IS ABOUT CIVIL RIGHTS!!!

It was our government that looped laws into Marriage. Now it is our government that needs to extend these Civil Rights to ALL CITIZENS!!!

No one is saying anything about a religious marriage, or anything like that. THESE LAWS MUST BE EXTENDED TO ALL CITIZENS.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Read the Bible in Hebrew and it's not nearly as cut-and-dry a case as you would probably like it to be.

One of the most quoted verses on homosexuality is Leviticus 18:22.

In transliterated Hebrew...

"V�et zachar lo tishkav mishk�vey eeshah toeyvah hee."

The first part of the verse, literally, is, "And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman"

"toetvah' refers in Mosaic code to what type of sin. "toetvah" refers to "moral sin", a direct act of rebellion against God or His will.

I'll let everyone have fun figuring out just what the verse means. Maybe Moses suffered from poor grammer.

A somewhat liberal-leaning resource can be found here . Goodness know you can find plenty from a more conservative viewpoint. I just read a good article that condemned homosexuality yet called for tolerance.
click here

FWIW, I have no problem with civil unions. I see "marriage" more as a cultural religious act. Perhaps we need civil unions for hetero's as well.

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Funny how I am far from the only one that thinks judges are overstepping their bounds.

Yes, and a lot of people thought judges were overstepping their bounds when they gave women the right to vote too. What exactly is your point?

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Quote:

There's no getting around it, homosexuality is dead wrong from the Bible's viewpoint.

No, it's dead wrong from your interpretation of your Bible's viewpoint. I can find you just as many theologians that claim the Bible doesn't claim homosexuality is a sin as those that do.

Your Bible is not the Word of God. Your Bible is the Word translated and interpreted, depending on your particular version, potentially dozens of times. And each time passages are changed slightly to suit the times and/or are simply translated differently by different people. Read the Bible in Hebrew and it's not nearly as cut-and-dry a case as you would probably like it to be.

Dude, use whatever translation you want, its in there, and in more than one verse. And if you want to go back to the origional written hebrew and interpret it your way, thats fine. But I'll stick to the professionally translated scripts, any one of them, because I'm not an interpriter.

EDIT: And tell me how your bible interprits Romans 1:26,27, or 1 Corinthians 6:9,10. It seems clear to me that the bible condemns homosexuality. Use whatever translation you want.

Last edited by rkneeshaw3.0; 11/05/04 04:32 PM.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have an idea. Lets give everyone the right to do everything! This way we don't hurt anyones feelings or discriminate against anyone else.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I have an idea. Lets give everyone the right to do everything! This way we don't hurt anyones feelings or discriminate against anyone else.

As long as their right to do whatever they want doesn't infringe on your rights, what's the matter with doing just that?

The government's job is to protect you from physical, mental, or monetary harm, not your particular moral institutions.

I can equally turn the statement around and proclaim that we just have the government control everything! That way we don't hurt anyone's feelings or discriminate against anyone else.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard