Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Times have changed and the courtroom is what the laws happen now.

And that is scarey as hell. When these nutcase liberal judges decide they know whats right, screw what the laws say, and make their own damn laws, then we lose our system of checks and balances.

Are you F'n Kidding Me????? Throughout our history it has been the courts that have NEEDED to step up to protect the minority's CIVIL RIGHTS! Without those judges, our lives today would be very discriminatory towards all minorities.

You know there were laws prohibiting people to vote, right? The courts had to stand up and call those laws unconstitutional. If the "nutcase" judges didn't reverse this law, women and blacks would not be allowed to vote.

Also, there were LAWS prohibiting Interacial Marriages. Again, the courts were required to step in and protect the minority.

Finally, we have segregation within the school systems. Once again, if it wasn't for those "nutcase" judges, we'd still be living in a VERY segregated world.

Should I bring up more examples of segregation throughout the country?

I guess you consider all these cases of judges protecting minority civil rights as completely wrong. These are more cases where those "nutcase" judges clearly overstepped their bounds and went against the majority.

Just like then, times are changing. Gay Marriage is inevitable, and it will happen in our lifetime. The way the current laws are written, these CITIZENS deserve the same rights and privledges as any other couple under the Constitution. You've truly shown your redneck ways with a statement like that.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)