Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Originally posted by daenku32:
Kremit, I hope that one day you'll get to know a gay couple personally. Same for the rest of the gay-condemning community.

I already do. And it didn't do much to change my mind.

I'm not going to sit here and play this pissing match with you people though. If I want to believe that marriage is between a man and woman, then I'm going to do it, damned what anyone else thinks of me. Call me childish. I see that coming already. In fact, I'll save everyone the trouble.

But do you believe they shouldn't be allowed partnership rights, under a different name? Thats the inherent question. Because I just don't see why.

Two important points that are being completely missed in these threads. Some of the anti-gay marriage people in here said they would support civil unions. But the measures in 8 of these states specifically prohibited civil unions and they passed overwhelmingly. Part of the problem is the use of words, the language used in the provisions. But you guys, if you feel strongly about this, ought to recognize the distinction.

While George Bush supported an amendment to ban gay marriage, he has actually (very recently) expressed a support of civil unions. Considering this issue affects our fellow Americans, we ought get our semantics straight.

Last edited by GreenNuggs; 11/05/04 03:39 PM.