Quote:

Sandmann, I know your military background has probably allowed you to do some traveling. Having said that, I must question your comments about the American family structure. Were you referring to the family while the country was being structured, or what it is now? From my experience, I do not see the US as having a very family based society, in fact, I have seen quite the opposite. Statistics I have seen seem to show that gay marriages tend to last longer than straight marriages. I know we are not looking at a statistically significant number compared to straight marriages, but what I have seen makes me believe that gay couples can actually be more dedicated to one another and their family than straight couples. Who knows, maybe gay people are more dedicated because of the social unacceptance. Or maybe they know something us straight people have forgotten about what makes a successful relationship.

Mostly referring to what this country was, and the ideals it was founded upon. I would like to see us get back to that, a society based on morals and values. No matter what your religion or lack thereof, I believe that everyone knows the difference between right and wrong.

Example: When given psychiatric evaluations, one question often asked by patients of their doctors after admitting homosexual tendencies is whether or not there was some type of abuse or sexual trauma at a young age. This suggests a deviation from the norm.

Further example: Take the agnostic pragmatic approach. For the continuation of the species (talking procreation here), it is not logical that we were designed by nature to engage in homosexual activity.

This nation was founded on Christian morals and ideals. There is no getting around that. However, those same founders absolutly recognized the value of seperation of Church and State. There is beauty and grace in our current system. So, we can impart those values and ideals in a secular way. The traditional definition of marriage, whether religious or otherwise, has been between one man and one woman. The majority of those 11 states feel that we should not give special preferential consideration to a minority group by redefining marriage and thus compromising our values and ideals as a society. It has nothing to do with how gay marriage would effect individual relationships. That is an empty argument posed by pro-gay activists in an attempt to deflect from the true focus of the issue. The focus is what society defines as acceptable moral behavior. Society has spoken in 11 states, and their voice seems pretty loud and clear.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.