Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by infuryum:
So now we're concerned that rights MIGHT be taken away?

With Utah's amendment, all of those will be forbidden on Jan 1, 2005, for any couple, gay or straight, unless they are married.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by bishop375:
if you vote for a ban against gay marriage, you ARE spitting on gays because you have forced this country to strictly prohibit them from something.

I may be reading this differently than you, but I dont' think thats right in the least. It would be if you said they can't be together, and can't consider it some kind of partnership, but reserving "Marriage" for what it is, for a man and a woman is not wrong.

Any gay person can get legally "married", it just has to be to a member of the oposite sex.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by bishop375:
if you vote for a ban against gay marriage, you ARE spitting on gays because you have forced this country to strictly prohibit them from something.

I may be reading this differently than you, but I dont' think thats right in the least. It would be if you said they can't be together, and can't consider it some kind of partnership, but reserving "Marriage" for what it is, for a man and a woman is not wrong.

Any gay person can get legally "married", it just has to be to a member of the oposite sex.

Yeah... so much for marriage being about love and companionship. It's wonderful how we've demolished the ideals of marriage in this country. It's all about the benji's now.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

Oh goodie. Now we can get into the subject of destroyed famlies when the married homosexual decides that the straight life isnt for them, gets a divorce, leaves their spouse and children. That creates a wonderful society.

Sarcasm, lets not go there.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
Yeah... so much for marriage being about love and companionship. It's wonderful how we've demolished the ideals of marriage in this country. It's all about the benji's now.

Love and companionship?! You don't need marriage for that! Nearly ALL of your arguments are about the monetary rights of gay couples which REQUIRE a marriage in order to be binding. Pick one and stick with it.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by infuryum:

Love and companionship?! You don't need marriage for that! Nearly ALL of your arguments are about the monetary rights of gay couples which REQUIRE a marriage in order to be binding. Pick one and stick with it.

Ahem... my arguements are not for the monetary rights of gay couples. My arguements are for the equal treatment of all citizens of this country as it pertains to the law and the government. My arguement for gay marriage is that if the gay society is trying to break its stigma of being a wild, promiscuous society by following common social practices of the rest of the nation, we should help them acheive their goal instead of keeping them from progressing in society. It's not like any of us are going to make them stop being gay. But if they're trying to have something better for themselves, why stop them on the basis of their orientation?

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
It's not the religious behind all of this.

I'm with Bush on this one, lets explore civil unions, and let the term Marriage be for a man and a woman. If we allow gays to marry then what else are we opening the door to?

Polygamy?

Maybe a Bisexual 3-some of 2-guys & 1 woman all want to be married.

We wouldn't want to dicriminate against anyones sexual agenda.

Yes. As long as there is a legally binding arrangement, you should be allowed to enter into whatever "marriage" you see fit.

America is once again proving it two-faced attitude towards true freedoms.

It is OK for you to be different, as long as you are like the rest of us.

THE MAJORITY IS WRONG.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Beowolf - that was beautiful

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
...if they're trying to have something better for themselves, why stop them on the basis of their orientation?

Because the majority of people simply don't believe it's right.

I think being gay is wrong. I don't agree with it and I think it's gross. The people who are blatantly gay and want the world to know they're gay annoy me. But not all gay folks are like that. Some of them act normal. I have normal gay friends. [/cliche] I joke about them being gay and they joke about me being straight. I don't agree with what they do and it grosses me out, but that doesn't mean I don't like the people who they are.

I don't, however, think that my friends should be able to be in a gay marriage. This has nothing to do with descrimination or thinking I'm better than someone else. It has to do with the act of being gay and the act of being straight. They are DIFFERENT. Don't pretend they're the same because they are not. Don't push for straight rights for gay people because it won't happen until gay people are in a majority. It might be unfortunate and you might think it's wrong. But enough people disagree with you. I'm not crying in my beer because all eleven states voted against it. I wonder how the gay community would react if my future wife (see below) and I wanted to adopt an openly gay child. Oh, the sh*t storm that would ensue...

Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard