Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
this country is following the steps of the Roman Empire.

That is all. Thank you.

Ryan Trollin!
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
this country is following the steps of the Roman Empire.

That is all. Thank you.

Absolutely.

S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by bishop375:
Originally posted by Corbett:
Which is exactly why you believe in Gay rights. You have no base for your moral beliefs.

Actually, according to what Jesus taught, we should love people regardless of them being gay or straight.

That's crap.

Find me a passage where homosexuals existed back in Jesus' day. Back then, it was so minute that He didn't bother touching on it.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Lev 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination."

- That settles it.

Sounds pretty obvious to me. How about you?

And no, he never said ANYThing specific. Why? Because he was teaching love and tolerance for our fellow man. Wait, he didn't say our fellow woman. Show me a specific passage where women existed back in Jesus' time.

Do unto others as you would have done unto you, love thy enemies (and thy neighbor), let those of you without sin cast the first stone. Sounds like it should all be about tolerance to me.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
So

You're making the claim that those who aren't Christian have no moral beliefs?

What about the KKK?

What about the Southerners who stood up for making black people sit in the back of the bus?

Don't criticize me with your red-neck adgenda. I feed the poor on Thanksgiving. I do volunteer work. My family business helps underprivileged families get their kids into preschool with government assistance. I probably do more good and show more morality than most of the Christians bother doing in a lifetime.

No, I am saying they have no base for their moral beliefs. Where else would you get them from?

And I am not suggesting that the KKK or any racist group is justified. In fact, I am stongly against them.

Red-neck agenda? How can that be? I'm from Detroit. That's great you do all the great things but its sad there are no Christians in your life that are a good example for you. Hopefully one day that will change.

- Tim
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Which is exactly why you believe in Gay rights. You have no base for your moral beliefs.

Actually, according to what Jesus taught, we should love people regardless of them being gay or straight.

That's crap.

Find me a passage where homosexuals existed back in Jesus' day. Back then, it was so minute that He didn't bother touching on it.

So Jesus loved everbody except.... gays, Jews, Muslims, non-Christians? That's BS.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Lev 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination."

- That settles it.

And u don't wear clothes made of wool and cotton. U also never work on Sabath, right?

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
So

You're making the claim that those who aren't Christian have no moral beliefs?

What about the KKK?

What about the Southerners who stood up for making black people sit in the back of the bus?

Don't criticize me with your red-neck adgenda. I feed the poor on Thanksgiving. I do volunteer work. My family business helps underprivileged families get their kids into preschool with government assistance. I probably do more good and show more morality than most of the Christians bother doing in a lifetime.

No, I am saying they have no base for their moral beliefs. Where else would you get them from?

And I am not suggesting that the KKK or any racist group is justified. In fact, I am stongly against them.

Red-neck agenda? How can that be? I'm from Detroit. That's great you do all the great things but its sad there are no Christians in your life that are a good example for you. Hopefully one day that will change.

You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

My ancestors were the FIRST Mexican Methodist Missionaries EVER. My family is deeply rooted in the Methodist and Catholic religions. We also know the meaning of SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE which apparently Evangelical Christians have forgotten about completely.

And what does being Christian automatically qualify you to be a good person?!??! Charles Manson was Christian! Hitler was Christian! Intelligence was wasted on you.

F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F

Actually, according to what Jesus taught, we should love people regardless of them being gay or straight. We should love each other, and whatever is done "wrong" is up for God to decide.

I love the bastardization of religion to allow discrimination. It's a wonderful thing.

If you want to be technical, our morals are FAR stronger than yours.

One of the things I find funny from the religious perspective his how "christians" will quote the hell out of the old testament but ignore the new. The old testament also talked about "eye for an eye" and stoning a man to death for sleeping with another man's wife. This all goes against jesus' teachings and the new testament if you believe in any of that but yet so many religious hypocrites will throw old testament quotes at gays all day long and totally ignore jesus teachings about tolerance and loving one another.

Oh and one other thing. If you truly believe that you are on a higher moral plane simply because you're "religious beliefs" make you so,then I'd pretty much chalk you up to just another mindless puppet who is incapable of thinking for himself/herself.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Excuse me?

Tear through the Old and New Testament. Paul's sermon to the Church of Corinth (Corinthians I or II; can't remember) discusses (in a totally confusing fashion) same-sex relations and of course Genesis, LONG before the time of Jesus, mentions homosexuals as well, or at least what is interpreted as the act of it.

Nobody is saying that it didn't exist back then, not even the Bible...

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard