Originally posted by Freakshow:
Originally posted by sigma:
I wonder if 100 years ago, when women were trying to get the right to vote, if people were saying "If we give it to you what's next? Is your dog gonna want to vote next?!"

Zing!

Measure 36 in Oregon changed the constitution to say marriage can only be between one man and one woman. Voting no on the issue simply left the constitution as how it is [was...] and left the issue open for debate. Instead, people decided that there should be no room for discussion and set us way back in trying to establish basic rights for homosexuals.

Voting no on the measure would not have legalized gay marriage, and that's what none of the opposition seemed to understand. Now, every gay friend I have is depressed and devistated by the result of this ballot measure, while the people who voted yes on it can sleep well tonight thinking they did God's will by taking away the rights of those sinners. God gave man free will, why can't Christians give other people free will?

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps