Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 49 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 48 49
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by fazzman2000:
So say a gay couple gets married, what does that prove. They get a tax break? So that means a friend and his roommate can go and get hitched and get all the benefits? You don�t have to get married to prove that you really love the person.

Married people don't get a tax break, they get a tax penalty.

Bush finally passed some tax reform that will decrease the penalty to zero.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Fat Mike:
[begin rant]

I saw two of my gay friends break down in tears last night when they found out measure 36 passed, adding discrimination to our state's constitution. Not a single freaking state rejected these measures. I'm sure God is pleased that all his loving followers have worked so hard to keep our families, children and marriages safe from those dirty queers...

I swear, everytime I see some SUV with a Jesus fish on one side and a "one man, one woman" sticker on the other, I get so damn disgusted. Some middle-aged seacow who has never met a homosexual person in her life thinks it's their Christian duty to prevent "those sick gay people" from trying to have any sort of freedoms or rights. Meanwhile they continue to instruct all their followers about how treating gay people like actual human beings is a sin. It's probably only because gay people can't produce more soldiers for God's army. And only straight marriages can be pure and holy - even while daddy is banging the secretary, mommy is popping valuum and your daughter keeps getting felt up by the youth leader. But at least queers can't marry now because everyone knows they're the ones with the real problems.

Will people ever f*cking realize that they shouldn't try to decide what people can do in their personal lives, and that they shouldn't worry about it because it doesn't effect them?

[end rant]

Sorry, had to vent.

I feel the same way, Im simply astounded that it passed, it has partially shaken my faith in the average American. Like I said on another forum, I dont give a [censored] how homophobic you are its so blatantly obvious that a gay-marriage ban goes against what the constitution says and does its ridiculous. Between that and probably reelecting Bush largely on moral/religious based issues (QUEERS DONT RUIN MY MARRIAGE / NO I TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT ABORTION, YOU HAVE NO SAY!) Im all out of faith.

Also, when you see those stickers just try to get their attention and then call them fag or faggot, since theyre obviously homophobic. Quick and easy. Also, Id like to meet someone whos marriage was effected in any way because 2 gay guys got married. But at least the argument FOR the ban doesnt have a leg to stand on so arguing that it shouldnt have passed is really really easy.

Originally posted by Sandman333:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
It's not the religious behind all of this.

I'm with Bush on this one, lets explore civil unions, and let the term Marriage be for a man and a woman. If we allow gays to marry then what else are we opening the door to?

Polygamy?

Maybe a Bisexual 3-some of 2-guys & 1 woman all want to be married.

We wouldn't want to dicriminate against anyones sexual agenda.

Agreed, and the thread starter is clearly immature.

How the hell is ammending the state constitution to ban gay-marriage mature? [censored] its not even constitutional. How many time has polygamy been legal? But a marriage between two adults has been legal for as long as the country has been around, who am I to say WHO those two people can be? At the foundation of American values I simply cannot, that freedom and nondescrimination should be cherished and preserved. Although if you can convince me that gay people getting married is some how going to desanctitize your marriage, shoot.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
One important thing that I don't think anyone has mentioned is that the bills that were voted on were very... limited, would be the word I guess. And make the country seem a little more discriminatory that it really is.

The question proposed in them was whether or not to support homosexual marriage, not civil unions.

Only 35% of the nation currently supports homosexual marriage but 65% support civil unions. Anyone who expected a "marriage" bill to pass was delusional. In most states though, a "civil union" bill would have passed. The problem is that, despite all the talk of these "civil unions", there is no legal definition of what one is, therefore we can't vote on whether we want that or not.

Before homosexuals can be granted a civil union, the government needs to remove all mentionings of the word "marriage" from within itself and leave that term to those that perform a religious ceremony and adopt the term "civil union" as a government-recognized institution of two committed individuals.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
We've been down this road on CEG many times and I don't really have the time to regurgitate everything I've said before but just a few things:

Those who keep saying the term "marriage" applies to a union of man and woman in a religious sense: How many people do you know today that are married but were NOT married in a church and have no religious affiliation? I know LOTS. Do you call them "civily unioned" or some garbage like that? No you call them MARRIED. That's just a BS excuse for people who want to prevent gays from being married.
As far as tradition and all that...look around you marriage has already changed a lot. We went from a time when marriages were ARRANGED (yeah that's real sacred) to a time where essentially no one could marry outside their race or religion, no one lived together or had sex BEFORE marriage, to today. Today, where people get married and divorced on a whim. Today, where there's more than a handful of TV "reality" shows making a circus of marriage. Today, where nearly every state has a no fault divorce law. And people have the audacity to talk about the SANCTITY of marriage? Please. What marriage and family is has drastically changed or the years (like it or not) and will continue to do so.
There was a time when the majority said it was ok to burn witches and heretics at the stake because they were the work of the devil. There was a time when the majority said that women shouldn't be allowed to vote. There was a time when the majority was for laws that discriminated against blacks...did that make the MAJORITY right back then? While this is not exactly the same issue the point is still there...it's discrimination pure and simple and all of the cover up bs excuses and religious jargon will not change that.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I wonder if 100 years ago, when women were trying to get the right to vote, if people were saying "If we give it to you what's next? Is your dog gonna want to vote next?!"

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by sigma:
I wonder if 100 years ago, when women were trying to get the right to vote, if people were saying "If we give it to you what's next? Is your dog gonna want to vote next?!"

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I can't have an opinion....

In regards to Proposal 2
MapOfTaziFoSho (1:00:01 PM): woops voted yes on that one...so did 9-10 other ppl

$^&*#$^&%*# (6:17:46 PM): You are an ignorant [censored]... I feel bad for you Pete, I thought you had a shred of decency... because of you and people like you, civil rights are set back 30 years... because of you and people like you, average, everyday, tax paying, HUMAN BEINGS, lives are now ruined. You tender to what society wants you to do... you get this false feeling of happiness... when deep down, you really don't know what the [censored] you are talking about. They say ignorance is bliss, I disagree... ignorance is stupidity.

I voted the way I wanted to. I didn't have some big disucssion with a group about this issue. This was a gut feeling that I followed.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by sigma:
Is your dog gonna want to vote next?!"

In Chicago, they probably do, along with the dead people.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
I still don't see how that gives anyone the right to push their beliefs on anyone, no matter how old the culture or tradition is.

It's not a culture I believe in or was raised in, so why am I made to live in a society that feels the need to evangelize it's beliefs on everyone that it doesn't agree with? THAT is not what this country was founded on. THAT is the primary reason that people left Europe for the New World, for the freedom to practice their beliefs without persecution.

Problem is, we are not living under a dictator. The vast majority have spoken, and they do not want gay marriage. As much as you do not like it, you have to accept it. That is the facts of the situation.

Well in that case ship me back down to alabama and have me start picking cotton again. Just because the majority votes for it doesn't make it right. The majority could be misinformed.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Freakshow:

Those who keep saying the term "marriage" applies to a union of man and woman in a religious sense: How many people do you know today that are married but were NOT married in a church and have no religious affiliation? I know LOTS. Do you call them "civily unioned" or some garbage like that? No you call them MARRIED. That's just a BS excuse for people who want to prevent gays from being married.

So becasue i disagree with the teminology of a bill, im trying to prevent gays form being married????

Try telling that to my gay frineds!!! Who happen to agree with what im saying. Im sure there the minority in there thinking, but they do agree with me and so do there frineds.

now, i give you credit to, you don;t know anything about me and i do not know anything about you, so all we have to go by is the overall view of society, our personal experience and what we do research.

And i never said they should be called "civily unioned", honestly i don't know what to call it....but if my opinion's make you think the way that you feel in you quote above, then so be it....and im sorry you feel that way, because im not a bad person IMO or an uneduacated person...im mearly a person with a set of opinions that differ from what certain people think is right....I never said my opinion was right, and i never try to force my opinion on others, but i acept other peoples opinions as there own, and respect them for that.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Page 6 of 49 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard