Print Thread
Page 5 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 48 49
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
A gay marriage does not fit the traditional definition of a family, on which this country is based. Sorry for the confusion.

You define a traditional family by the culture in which you were brought up in. Who are you to force your beliefs upon others who were not raised the same way and do not believe in what you believe in?

The culture was there LONG before I was born. This is the point you missed completely.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
F
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
F
A gay marriage does not fit the traditional definition of a family, on which this country is based. Sorry for the confusion.

You define a traditional family by the culture in which you were brought up in. Who are you to force your beliefs upon others who were not raised the same way and do not believe in what you believe in?

The culture was there LONG before I was born. This is the point you missed completely.

Culture change isn't a bad thing. This country wasn't based on tradition. We were so sick of tradition that we dropped everything we owned and sailed across the Atlantic to start a better, more progressive society. Our culture is in a constant state of change, and at some point we're going to have to adapt society to better serve these changes.

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I still don't see how that gives anyone the right to push their beliefs on anyone, no matter how old the culture or tradition is.

It's not a culture I believe in or was raised in, so why am I made to live in a society that feels the need to evangelize it's beliefs on everyone that it doesn't agree with? THAT is not what this country was founded on. THAT is the primary reason that people left Europe for the New World, for the freedom to practice their beliefs without persecution.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Fat Mike:

Culture change isn't a bad thing. This country wasn't based on tradition. We were so sick of tradition that we dropped everything we owned and sailed across the Atlantic to start a better, more progressive society. Our culture is in a constant state of change, and at some point we're going to have to adapt society to better serve these changes.

Apparently, according to popular vote, you are in the minority here, and hence must concede to the wants of the majority. It's law now. It's what the people want and believe. Just because you and a minority of voters disagree doesn't mean it will or should be changed. The people have spoken, and their voice is overwhelmingly clear. Just deal with it.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I still don't see how that gives anyone the right to push their beliefs on anyone, no matter how old the culture or tradition is.

It's not a culture I believe in or was raised in, so why am I made to live in a society that feels the need to evangelize it's beliefs on everyone that it doesn't agree with? THAT is not what this country was founded on. THAT is the primary reason that people left Europe for the New World, for the freedom to practice their beliefs without persecution.

Problem is, we are not living under a dictator. The vast majority have spoken, and they do not want gay marriage. As much as you do not like it, you have to accept it. That is the facts of the situation.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

Apparently, according to popular vote, you are in the minority here, and hence must concede to the wants of the majority. It's law now. It's what the people want and believe. Just because you and a minority of voters disagree doesn't mean it will or should be changed. The people have spoken, and their voice is overwhelmingly clear. Just deal with it.

So, this is the precedent then, right?

Every time something new comes along that changes things or creates a shift in the norm we'll just litigate it out of existence? Geez, what would've ever happened to the television or rock & roll...

F
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
F

Yes, lets all just deal with it, because giving in to the majority is just so damn comforting. Why can't those queers understand that Sandman? You think they'd realize that the "majority" knows what's best for their lives...

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
It's not the religious behind all of this.

I'm with Bush on this one, lets explore civil unions, and let the term Marriage be for a man and a woman. If we allow gays to marry then what else are we opening the door to?

Polygamy?

Maybe a Bisexual 3-some of 2-guys & 1 woman all want to be married.

We wouldn't want to dicriminate against anyones sexual agenda.

I agree, though i have many gay friends and i feel they deserve the right to have the same civil liberties as a married couple, i don;t think it would be right to call it marrage.

i too feel, the word "marrage" should be reserved for a man and woman...as FMR12B stated,
Quote:

Polygamy?

Maybe a Bisexual 3-some of 2-guys & 1 woman all want to be married.

And like him, i feel thats not right.....

But i am a strong supporter for Civil rights for all Gay and Lesbians.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

So, this is the precedent then, right?

Every time something new comes along that changes things or creates a shift in the norm we'll just litigate it out of existence? Geez, what would've ever happened to the television or rock & roll...

Where is the litigation? It was put to popular vote, largely because it is a hot topic today. I suppose you would rather that someone with your point of view simply dictate how things are going to be, because then you would get your way? How could things have been any more fair and honest than what we now have? 11 seperate states all agreed independantly that they did not want to allow gay marriage. The people in those states made those decisions directly. Democracy at work.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

Yes, lets all just deal with it, because giving in to the majority is just so damn comforting. Why can't those queers understand that Sandman? You think they'd realize that the "majority" knows what's best for their lives...

You would rather that we toss out the entire democratic process??????

Page 5 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard