Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
i actually liked it A LOT, it was very political, def aimed at the GOP, but I hope the wide spread viewing will enlighten people, and hopefully they'll stop driving SUVs and start recycling. . .

sadly, once I finish mods to my tour, I'm about 100% convinced I'll buy a Hybrid vehicle (either Ford Escape or Toyo Prius). . .I think we forget we have finite resources on this planet,

Suneil

This cracks me up. Your glad people are now being "enlightened" (more like swayed) about pointless environmental disasters that will never happen. Hollywood is so bloody liberal it makes me sick. Every other movie tries to make you simpathize with some speacial interest group over some dumbass liberal cause. If your so concerend about polution then look this over. With one single erruptioin of Mount St. Helen, more toxic and harmful polutants are released into the atmosphere than the total amount of polution the entire human race has put out in its vast life on earth. You pesky liberals have simply found your crying special interest group to back. I say drill for oil in Alaska. Make the US less dependent on foreign oil. And I"ll be damn if anyone of you are gonna tell me that I can't own a Ferrarie with a monster V12 that gets 9mpg. Screw Kerry, his gas tax, and his proposal to force all automobiles to get atleast 35mpg. You call yourself an entusiatst..........You go buy your fuel cell that gets a 20 second 1/4mile, but to hell with your legislation that keeps entusiast from getting cars that they want. Ok I'm done

As for the movie, amazing special effects. Ok Plot....of course all the main characters live.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Al Gore liked the movie, LOL.

It wasn't too bad, aside from the politics. The special effects roxx0r3d.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
i actually liked it A LOT, it was very political, def aimed at the GOP, but I hope the wide spread viewing will enlighten people, and hopefully they'll stop driving SUVs and start recycling. . .

sadly, once I finish mods to my tour, I'm about 100% convinced I'll buy a Hybrid vehicle (either Ford Escape or Toyo Prius). . .I think we forget we have finite resources on this planet,

Suneil

This cracks me up. Your glad people are now being "enlightened" (more like swayed) about pointless environmental disasters that will never happen. Hollywood is so bloody liberal it makes me sick. Every other movie tries to make you simpathize with some speacial interest group over some dumbass liberal cause. If your so concerend about polution then look this over. With one single erruptioin of Mount St. Helen, more toxic and harmful polutants are released into the atmosphere than the total amount of polution the entire human race has put out in its vast life on earth. You pesky liberals have simply found your crying special interest group to back. I say drill for oil in Alaska. Make the US less dependent on foreign oil. And I"ll be damn if anyone of you are gonna tell me that I can't own a Ferrarie with a monster V12 that gets 9mpg. Screw Kerry, his gas tax, and his proposal to force all automobiles to get atleast 35mpg. You call yourself an entusiatst..........You go buy your fuel cell that gets a 20 second 1/4mile, but to hell with your legislation that keeps entusiast from getting cars that they want. Ok I'm done

As for the movie, amazing special effects. Ok Plot....of course all the main characters live.

Your ignorance makes me sick.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Antonio:

Care to elaborate? Please prove me wrong VW driva?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A

Care to elaborate? Please prove me wrong VW driva?

You use the example of a volcano that will only blow like one in every 10,000-100,000 years. The fact of the matter is WE as human beings are the cause of the increased C02 levels. The sea levels have risen due to the increased ozone. Thier are countless areas on the MD coast the are now underwater due to that very reason. Mind you all this started AFTER the industral revolution. The concumption of natural resources. The destruction of the rain forest and other forrested areas. The countless extinction of thousands of species due to examples like above. If you really think this is good for the planet then you really need to get help.

And, what is it to you that I drive a VW?

Last edited by Antonio; 05/30/04 02:05 AM.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

You use the example of a volcano that will only blow like one in every 10,000-100,000 years. The fact of the matter is WE as human beings are the cause of the increased C02 levels. The sea levels have risen due to the increased ozone. Thier are countless areas on the MD coast the are now underwater due to that very reason. Mind you all this started AFTER the industral revolution. The concumption of natural resources. The destruction of the rain forest and other forrested areas. The countless extinction of thousands of species due to examples like above. If you really think this is good for the planet then you really need to get help.

Haha. Ozone doesnt make the temps go up.

Silly misinformed movie-goer!

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

Yeah, don't lump me with this melonhead.

W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W

AGREED! By the way, I too will see the movie sometime this coming week. I will, without a doubt disagree with the premise of the movie, but, it is an action flick, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the special effects.

By the way, just a bit of data for you all.
Most of the increase in global temperature since 1900 occurred before 1940, whereas most of the greenhouse gas emissions since 1900 was emitted after 1940. So, global warming was caused directly by our greenhouse gas emissions? Sure, it could happen, just as likely as the increase in temperature being the cause of our increased greenhouse emissions.

Also, greenhouse gas emissions from human activity account for only 2% of all greenhouse gas emissions. The other 98% are naturally ocurring. I guess if we blame humans, we need to blame mother nature as well... or... blame GOD... it seems as if there's quite a bit of the latter going on nowadays anyway.

2003 Focus SVT, Black w/ European Package 26000 miles (Totalled) 1999 Contour SE Sport, Silver, V6 ATX 140,000 miles and counting
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
hopefully they'll stop driving SUVs and start recycling. . .

Hey now. Don't you have a new V8 4Runner? My Pilot gets better gas mileage than you, too.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by PackRat:

Yeah, don't lump me with this melonhead.

I happen to love VW....just something a friend of mine used to say....really had no merrit in this conversation.

Oh and my very misinformed friend, Mount St. Helens has erupted nine times since the 1830s . . .

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard