Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'
OP Offline
'
As it says...my AC chose today of all days to cease fuctioning entirely. Flip the switch and the air won't even blow, she's completely dead. I'm assuming its the relay since there's no power getting to the system at all, but wanted to check first....

also does anyone know if its the R3 or R4 relay

and thirdly - any reccomendations as to the best place to pick up a new one...i.e. Ford/parts store, etc. I have to pick up two since my flasher blew yesterday as well. :rolleyes:

[[Justin]]
'98 Silver Frost SVT
#2089/6535
I am made of cheese
My car is in the shop
When I drop the clutch, I get wheel hop
Do not eat me, oh please
R
R
the same thing just happened to my contour, they replaced the switch for the blower as it was a recall still did not work, its the heater blower motor i got it for 47.00 now i need someone to put it in ford wanted 140.00 for the job i said good by....

H
H
Perhaps you could clarify your symptoms, because there are many switches/relays involved with a/c operation and your description sounds like perhaps it's just your blower (fan) not working, rather than the a/c. Have you checked if a/c clutch engages when mode switch turned to a/c? What do you mean by no power to system?

R3 and R4 are a/c WOT relay and a/c clutch relay; neither involved in blower operation.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 110,000km
97 Contour LX v6 atx 125,000km
stock CD on LS, cass on LX
spoiler, tinted windows on LS only
4 wheel discs on LX only
All other available options on both
'
OP Offline
'
mmm...I asssumed it was an electrical problem because my car has been a little finicky lately in that area, but it certainly could be the blower motor too. That's a good idea, I'll have to check it out.

As far as the symptoms...I tried to turn on the A/C and got no response, defrost, etc. nothing works, just no function whatsoever from the whole system. I javen't had a chance to look into it more deeply. Thanks for the responses.

[[Justin]]
'98 Silver Frost SVT
#2089/6535
I am made of cheese
My car is in the shop
When I drop the clutch, I get wheel hop
Do not eat me, oh please
J
J
Has anyone check the fuse yet?

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard