Next Thread
Print Thread
#762798 10/03/03 12:33 AM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
For some reason my fuel pump seems to be making alot of noise. It sounds alot like its just vibrating alot, when I push down on the outside it will quite down a little but it still sounds like its sucking really eratic. I just replaced it with a new one, so I dont know if its already going bad, or if there is just something lose. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem?

Also I have a whistling in my engine bay somewhere I think its the hose from the pcv valve, where it has the elbow that splits into 2 directions. I think it is here because when i spray electronic cleaner on the plastic connections the engine will idel higher for a couple of seconds. So does that mean this could possibly be my problem area?

Please help!!!!!!!!!
Thanks codeman, if I ever get this car running Im going to sell it because its driving me insane! Looking for my SVT

------------------- '95 Contour ZETEC Tinted Windows(35%) door dings removed 16" Dubs! 2.25 pipe flowin to a magnaflow (soon to get CTA intake)
#762799 10/03/03 03:03 AM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
is it like, buzzing? the fuel pumps on chevy subrbans and tahoes (and a few other models of minivans and suck) do this. in the case of a chevy it doesnt mean anything, entirely normal, but its a ford, i dont know, maybe you should have it checked.

#762800 10/03/03 03:41 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by codeman19:

Also I have a whistling in my engine bay somewhere I think its the hose from the pcv valve, where it has the elbow that splits into 2 directions. I think it is here because when i spray electronic cleaner on the plastic connections the engine will idel higher for a couple of seconds. So does that mean this could possibly be my problem area?

This is a trouble spot I mention too much I am told.

Use new Motorcraft PCV valve and replace rubber hoses. The rubber gromet under the valve can be replaced also.

If the fuel pump is erratic the fuel pressure will be also, check it. Otherwise it may not be mounted securely enough, causing excess vibration.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
#762801 10/03/03 11:19 PM
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Mines pretty loud to after replacing it. No problems with it yet though. I bought mine from Autozone.

The day we went to the track and I took my seats out of the car it drove me crazy for a bit. But I'm sane again, or at least I'm back to normal.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard