Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Peach Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Load the last know good registry copy for Windows XP? I am at work and my computer went haywire. They have this SMS Service thing installed and now nothing works. My startbar doesn't work, I can open programs, but I cannot see what is open on the bar. When I view the Task Manager, where it says user, my name ap210050 is supposed to appear, it does not. Under the Services area under Computer Management, none of the Exteneded Services show, only the standard, and MOST of them aren't started. I try to start them and they won't.

How can I get the services to show back in Windows Management or at least get this thing running?

HELP!

Or...how do you undelete recently deleted files? Like from last night? That would probably help to...I may have deleted something important. Thanks.

-Bishop

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Restart the computer and press F5.

Tony Datsenko
P
Peach Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Cool. I'll try that.

I also just downloaded a program the recovers all deleted files and restores them. I hope that this will allow me to restore the files from last night and solve the problem. If not, I'll try the registry deal. If not, I'm screwed.

-Bishop

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Once Windows loads, hit F1. On the right side of the help screen, there's a link to System Restore. You can then restore your registry to an earlier (good) configuration.

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around

Link Copied to Clipboard