Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Yesterday on my way back from a vacation stay in NYC, my car rolled 100K miles just before I entered the Baltimore Harbour tunnel. I grabbed the camara and took a rather shaky picture of the event.

I must say that my ol '00 SE has been one helluva car. The only trips to the dealer other than routine service dealt with recalls. And only two recalls at that(some brake recall and the notorious dashpad warp fix). Nothing has fallen off and there's no rattles or squeaks(something that could not have been said concerning my previous car, a '95 Intrepid with 50K miles). I have driven this car hard in the three and a half years its been in my possession, but I stay quite loyal to the service schedule.

I'll be hanging on to this car for quite a while since I'm planning to attend grad school this spring.

PS,
I have been visiting this site since 2/22/00, the day before I bought my car new from the dealer. This site has been very informative and entertaining throughout. Due to the CEG website, I learned many ideas for mods I wouldn't have otherwised thought up. Changes to my car don't come often these days(lack of time), but I'm just as satisfied with my car today as the day I bought it.

Martin My Profile 2000 Contour SE V6 ATX 170K miles Hecho en Mexico Steel blue w/greystone interior 1997 Volvo 850 Wagon 146K
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Slowpoke you need to get out and drive more if you want to catch up with my 00 SE. I am still beating you by almost 11K and I did not get my car until September 00.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
When my Contour got to 100k miles, all hell broke loose.
Before 100k only gas, oil and tires. Afterwards, lost the alternator, then waterpump, then air conditioning, then brakes, then transmission. All the while it ran Mobil1, DMD, Meguiars wax, etc. Well the body and the engine run great, but the tranny is done, its worth very little.

I hope you have better luck.

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by HoosierContour:
When my Contour got to 100k miles, all hell broke loose.
Before 100k only gas, oil and tires. Afterwards, lost the alternator, then waterpump, then air conditioning, then brakes, then transmission.

Just wondering, what broke in your transmission?

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Coming up to the 100K milestone quick!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard