Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
i would like to think that any person would jump in the water to save kids from drowning, him being a priest is just his job, a constrution worker would do the same thing

my thoughts exactly, hell, I'm hindu, and I'd save the kids too. . .I think it's a descent human being thing to do that, right?

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by mbSVT:

Think they'll have a mass abdication of priests now that the church is officially anti-gay?

LOL

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

Morals change significantly over time, as does the Pope. Even the Catholic Church will allow them to marry in even the foreseeable future once it's made fully legal in the US.

Not any time soon though.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/945974.asp?cp1=1

- Tim
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Hey if gay people want to get married and make a commitment to one another than more power to them. As for the president . Enough said.

tired of the bs
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by linabby:
Hey if gay people want to get married and make a commitment to one another than more power to them. As for the president . Enough said.

Good caller in Rush L. today re: "Gay marriage doesnt affect my marriage..Guy said he was going to call himself "Senator" and same with his family & friends. Everybody is called Senator. Real Senator comes along and is also called Senator. Nothing special about you, Senator..

Question is how everyone feels about diluting the definition of marriage. Marriage did have a central focus..children. Though not all that marry have children most do or wanted to. Really, why is marriage important...children. Otherwise, why the need for such permanence. Why not just shack up as long as both parties are agreeable. Divource is not nearly as big a deal without children involved.

This was the Rush discussion..
I generally agree but not that big a deal compared to some other issues to ponder. One can only worry about so many problems and to me this is not a biggy. Still theoretically, if same sex marriage is OK, and the procreation concept is removed from the ritual...the door may be open to further broadening of the term. Brother-sister marriage (long as they dont interbreed right?)? Or marriage to a beloved pet perhaps?? Bark if you say "I do"..

Oh..and GWB..Bout' time he told the friggin' liberal media to stuff it.

Last edited by Dan Nixon; 07/31/03 08:14 PM.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Priest shouldn't have taken them to such a dangerous area in the first place.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I'm so sorry if i do not condemn people for what they are and what decisions they make. Who am I to tell someone they cant get married? I know 2 men very much in love. Totally committed to one another. They have been partners for about 25 years. Who am I to say no you shouldnt be able to marry? They dont let gay people marry but let stupid people procreate. The stupid people who leave their children in their cars with all the windows rolled up. Or the stupid people who beat and kill infants because "they wouldnt stop crying". Sorry if I think the president shouldfocus on something more important.

tired of the bs
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Thanks Dan,

I'll remember to tell my dad and my grandpa that their marriages to their current wifes are POINTLESS since they are not going to be able to have any more children.

And since it's immoral to live together without being married, I need to tell them to live alone until they die too.

Or I guess I could tell them to diss their current wifes and go for some younger women that are capable of having kids.

Thanks, Rush L. You sure cleared things up.

I'm glad Bush will be out of office in another ~18 mos.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Btw, I don't hate Catholics. I think they are just as likeable as Muslims, Southern Baptists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Scientologists, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Satanists, etc etc..

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard