Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I got an intake pipe from BAT and had similar problems. Mine only had one large inlet and three small ones. So I had a friend grind down one of the small inlets with a dremel tool and then bored out the hole slightly to fit the IAT. Stazi has his set up the same way. Actually that's where I got the idea. It will work fine and takes like ten minutes. But I agree that they should be a little more careful with what they send out as their product. The fact that they no longer make the IAT adapter for there intake pipe makes no sense either, considering the fact that they still make the pipe for contours.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
E
ejo Offline
E
Having installed one of these pipes recently I can see where there might be some question with the air temp sensor. There is a large diameter bung (the shorter of the 4) with a hole (.625" i.d). The sensor that goes in the hole measures (.425" o.d.) and there is a small supplied piece of silicon hose (.100" wall thickness) that is slipped over the sensor to increase the diameter and act as a seal when inserting the sensor in the hole. I found this imformation detailed in the instructions supplied with the BAT air pipe. Anyone with similar problems (BAT or other brand air pipes) fitting IAT sensors in the port would be easily solved by either adding a reducer bushing as described above or using silicon sealer as someone else stated.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ejo:
I found this information detailed in the instructions supplied with the BAT air pipe.

Instructions? What are those?

There's a glimmer of understanding in there...

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Roger, the stock studs from the stock SVT airbox CAN'T be used with the MAF adapter. you need to get four new bolts and nuts to attach it to the MAF.

As for the BAT pipe. I cut the one nipple off thqat th IAT was supposed to insert into and then made the hole big enough to fit a rubber grommet into it to hold the IAT sensor.

I tell you what give me a call again, come on over and I will install it for you.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
only problem with BAT is my intake filter has been on
back order for 5weeks!and I don,t relly want to do business
with this company.they don,t even send e-mails to update
you on your back order!I won,t order from them again.As
for my MAF, mine came from PRO FLO and it sucks to next year
The chrome is coming off and [censored] burns more gas than ever.
I installed my stock MAF with a K and N filter and was
very happy with that.

New Pics of OUTKAST 1!Sept2006
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
How much you want for the MAFadapter?

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard